iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Choosing the right model kubota.

Started by brendonv, August 09, 2015, 09:12:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Mc

Whether chains on the front tires are a problem or not depends on the tractor. Some can take it, some can't. Some people get away with it even on those tractors not designed for it (possibly due to the type of driving and the surfaces on which they drive?)

If you are chancing it on a tractor that is not designed for it, then I would not put chains on the rears when you have them on the fronts. That puts even more stress on the drive train, especially if they are gripping in something that does not have a lot of "give". (Front wheels on 4WD tractor are typically geared with a little "lead" - that is, they  turn a few % faster than what a perfect speed match would be.)
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Dixon700

Drive train parts are expensive for my 580sk. Maybe I'll avoid chains all together after reading. I also read they're not a good idea if you have a cab with windows. No one really said why. I have little experience with chaining up. I've only had a couple lawn mowers around the house that I chained up never anything larger than that.
Ms 460 mag 25" b/c muffler modded 010av  14" b/c
94 case 580sk 04.5 ram 2500

Thank You Sponsors!