iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cable Spools

Started by Tillaway, October 05, 2004, 06:33:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tillaway

Anyone have a unique use for them?  The local PUD is giving them away.  Some are a bit big but I did manage to wrestle a small one into the back of the pickup.
Making Tillamook Bay safe for bait; one salmon at a time.

rbarshaw

Got kids 8) or grands 8)? they love ;D these things. Set them on edge and a kid will get up on the center drum and roll it by walking on the drum. Lay them on their side ( a big one ) and put a curtain around the top disk - instant play house. 8)

They make a good workbench outside, also picknick tables.

Take a large one apart and tie the two sides back togeather with boards nailed around the outside about an inch apart, cut an entry door in one side, now you have a giant hamster wheel for a kid. 8)
Been doing so much with so little for so long I can now do anything with nothing, except help from y'all!
By the way rbarshaw is short for Robert Barshaw.
My Second Mill Is Shopbuilt 64HP,37" wheels, still a work in progress.

Jeff

I can remember in the 70's when they were all the rage around our area for furniture. They would flop them on thier side, but casters on them and cover them with fake fur to make roll around tables/endtables/coffeetables/justweirdstuff
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

pappy

Take one of the disk place it on a stump (3 feet tall in the snow belt) and it makes a great critter feeder. Black oiled sunflower seeds and cracked corn.  
"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

DanG

They're great for rolling up cable, too. ;D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Tillaway

Some of those things are huge, I am thinking about pulling the tool box out of the pickup and going for one of the great big ones.  They must be 6' in diameter, there might be one bigger than that.
Making Tillamook Bay safe for bait; one salmon at a time.

Thank You Sponsors!