iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Is Ether A Bad Thing?

Started by gfadvm, December 31, 2014, 09:17:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remle

Silicone sprays also work, not as volatile as either and do not wash the cylinder walls.

Magicman

Most of the time it was not what is inside the aerosol can that burned, but the propellant.  For years butane without the added odor was used.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

gfadvm

Magicman, My SIL did the gas on a rag thing last week on a little JD.  It worked but it was knocking REALLY loud on the gas fumes.  Made me very nervous but he says he does it all the time. (he's a farmer that was trained as a GM diesel mechanic)

beenthere

What's a "little" John Deere?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

coxy

ok this is what ether is    its the night time sniffeling   sneezing   coughing aching   stuffy head so my skidder will start in the morning medicine  :D 8)

j-dland

You got it with the gas rag MM. I would just add, HOLD on to that rag.
David

gfadvm

been there, It's a 4400 with a 35 HP diesel (Yanmar I think).

coxy

ether was my friend this am with out it my wonderful ford would ha never started   and of course I on hooked the glow plugs before doing the ether trick :D

smoothED

I have an old ford that won't start in the cold, a little saw gas on a rag and it starts right up. Also have an old massey that never wanted to start cold, I put a new starter in it because it would turn so slow even with a new battery, starts right up now.

Thank You Sponsors!