iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Belsaw edger setup manual

Started by firtimbers, July 19, 2009, 11:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firtimbers

I bought a rusted old surplus belsaw edger. It has no blades and no manual.
I am needing to get this thing setup and working.
Does anyone have an old manual that can help me get this edger running?
Any pictures would be a great help so that I can figure how it works.
Thanks firtimbers

Tom

Welcome to the forum, firtimbers.

The logo at the top of the Sponsor Stack on the left is TimberKing and they are the same family that used to have Bellsaw. If you contact them, they may have an old manual that they could copy, and probably have someone there that could help you identify what to do with the edger.  It'd be a good start anyway.

Will_Johnson

I will look and see if we have this manual. Do you need the instructions to build the wooden base? Also keep in mind that kick-back is a real danger with this machine -- when we built a version of this machine we supplied it with anti-kick-back fingers.

mayor

Hey guys....I too just aquired an old Belsaw edger......its a model 1942 with open blades and no kickback fingers........we refurbished the whole saw and everything now works that's supposed too.  We have ran about 50 boards thru it so far and everything is working great.
I'm powering mine with a flat belt from a farmall M tractor so power isnt an issue. 

zopi

Check the Old Woodworking Machines website as well..there are some old reprints of Belsaw manuals on there.
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

papow22

120 days ago still looking for a belsaw edger manual   :'(  looked every where still  :o . :D ;D :)
Lives to do sawdust,run a trapline,hunt big game,live life to it's most.Got 4 mills a circle mill,(2 band sawmills) Norwood's 2000, Trim Saw,Beam Machine (chainsaw mill).

Thank You Sponsors!