iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Anyone with a kiln near Chappell Hill, Texas? (77426)

Started by tburch, June 28, 2016, 11:30:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tburch

I have a few stacks I need dried.  Red and white oak, pecan, elm, ash, 4/4, 5/4, 6/4 and some thicker slabs 8/4 walnut, 9/4 pecan, 11/4 oak. 

And I'll have a lot more too. 

Let me know.  Thanks, Todd
Peterson 10" WPF with slabber. Cooks AC36 Diesel.
'94 Ford 4830 Diesel 2WD & FEL.  Norse 450 skid winch.  Logrite fetching arch.  Fransgard Forestry Grapple.

woodweasel

I, will be setting one up in Franklin ,Texas in the next couple of months.

tburch

I assume you probably have a mill and will be wanting to dry your own wood.  Are you designing it big enough to dry for others as well?   Have you dried wood before?

Will your kiln be hand loaded or cart or machine loaded? 

You are about 1.5 hours from me.   
Peterson 10" WPF with slabber. Cooks AC36 Diesel.
'94 Ford 4830 Diesel 2WD & FEL.  Norse 450 skid winch.  Logrite fetching arch.  Fransgard Forestry Grapple.

woodweasel

I do have a wm mill, I will be drying for myself as well as public. I  air dry and solar dry for myself. I will need to play with it a bit, I have never had a dehumidification system like I'm getting. I have been reading all I can, and hope to attend some classes or workshops. I don't have any experience, but then I didn't have any experience sawing before I bought the mill.  woodweasel ;D

woodweasel

Gonna try to set it up using pallets, so I can use my tractor forks and skid steer to load and unload  Woodweasel

Thank You Sponsors!