iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Help needed LT-15

Started by John S, May 02, 2009, 05:59:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John S

I just finished milling a dozen or so logs over in Milford,PA with the mill I purchased last August at the NJ State Fair.  I am very satisfied with the mill but transporting it ain't fun.  I purchased the load assist kit but my landscape trailer does not tilt.  WM no longer offers the trailer kit for the mill (I have one extra bed extension) but I was wondering if anybody out there has an owners manual that explains how to mount and use the kit?  I would use a local welder to fabricate one for me.
I met Marty Parsons out at Yorktown a couple of years ago and know that he visits this site, maybe he can offer some advice.  I did call WM headquarters last Fall to see if any of the kits were available but none were.
Thanks,
John Snyder
2018 LT40HDG38 Wide

Wallys World

I have one of those kits on my LT15 and I am still debating selling it. I will pull the manual out see if I can copy it for you. Send me a PM with your address. I moved here 2 1/2 years ago from the Binghamton, NY area.
Wood-Mizer LT28G25, Wood-Mizer EG10 Edger, Wallenstein Timber Talon log loader trailer, Wallenstein GX640 wood splitter, Wallenstein WP835 Fire Wood Processor, Kubota BX 22 TLB, JD 445, JD Gator, Home made arch, Stihl 024 Super, MS251, MS311, MS440 Magnum & MS660.

MartyParsons

The trailer kit manual was in every LT15 manual back a few years ago. I think?  ::)
They had torsion axle assemblys mounted to a 4" tube that was removable when the mill was sawing. And a well enginered way of raising and lowering the mill to trailer. It has a screw jack to move the mill up and down. The hitch was mounted to the front of the bed assembly. There was also a light bar bolted to the rear section. The only way the trailer would work is with three beds ( so you would need an extra bed to balance the weight evenly). The saw head was secured above the axle and secured there with a chain and a rachet strap.

I can get you a manual if needed.

Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

Kevin

Marty, I wouldn't own an LT-15 without the trailer package.
I'm glad it was available when I was shopping for a mill.
For someone who has to go to where the logs are it's the only way to go.

MartyParsons

Yes I have put many of these trailer packages together. Sometimes they would laugh because I always had them here for people to see. It took about 2 hours to install one.
The LT15LAK assist kit give you more options for using the trailer for other things beside moving the mill to another location and for less money. If you get a chance there is a clip on you tube that shows how it works. You can also access it through the WM web site.
M
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

Kevin

It looks easy enough but it wouldn't work for me.
I just don't have the room in my driveway to load the mill onto the trailer and I don't have room to store the extra trailer as I already have a large trailer that I store the Argo in.
I don't know why they wouldn't offer the trailer package as an option considering they already had it?
It's a great little mill and well worth the money, I just spent two days with it back in the sticks milling cedar.

red

I have moved my LT 15 many times and it goes easier the more you move it

a pickup truck with a Line a Bed  makes it slide  in very easy

Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Fla._Deadheader

Shouldn't take but a couple hours to build one. Neighbors have an LT-15, and even they can move it, not knowing anything about mechanical ???

An axle, a couple pieces of 2" X ΒΌ" Angle about 5' long, and just set the tracks right down inside the Angle. A couple bolts on each side, and, Bob's yer Uncle ???

Might need a couple pieces of angle at the joints of the tracks ???  A ball coupler welded to the end of the track, maybe on an extension piece.

We took the mill off their homemade axle dolly, by hand. ???  Nothing to this deal ???  ;D ;D ::) ::) :) :) :)

I think it's sitting in front of their house, right now. Need a couple photos ???  ::) ::) :) :)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

krusty

I ordered the front part of the trailer kit.....basically the hitch that bolts onto the LT15 frame.

Then for the rear axle part I bought a 4' axle/springs combo and made a frame for out of 2x2" square tubing.

Then the LT sits ontop of the 36" wide tubing frame and is bolted to it via the holes for the LT frame legs with 3/4" bolts.

very easy to get up and running with a high lift jack. lift the rear with the sawhead at the front and jack up the back. Then roll the axle assembly under it and attach the 4 bolts.

rjboll

Hi
My name is Bob and I am new to the Forum. I have been following the Forum and finally registered last week. As soon as I can build my photo ablum I will post pictures I have of My old  LT-15  on a trailer I made. 

I got this picture posted. I used a 4' X 8' trailer with a mesh bed. I cut off the side rails and extended the tongue. I bolted the LT-15 frame to the trailer and leveled the whole thing at setup. You can see in the picture extensions on the front and back of the saw. It will now cut the full 13'. I will post some more pictures.

Here is the LT-15 in "low rider mode". Made it easier to load logs.
I hope some of this helps. Have fun. Be safe.

John S

Thanks to those who have taken the time to reply and offered advice.
John S
2018 LT40HDG38 Wide

Thank You Sponsors!