iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

work jeans

Started by Nemologger, November 12, 2015, 06:58:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plankton

Regular old dickies 874 pants is all I ever wear except when chopping then I wear husky cutting pants.

20$ a pair at Walmart and last me longer then any pair of blue jeans I've worn except the wild ass double knees. I find dickies more comfortable and like the pocket style better.

But the wild ass jeans sure are rugged I think I logged for almost year and a half on a single pair before they were shot.

saskatchewanman

Walmart's Rustler. 4 pairs last all year of everyday use. For work, fishing and weddings :D Not that anybody gets married now! I spend more time in the dirt than in a forest. Decent quality, good price, sizing consistent (the jeans not me). Just add 1" to waist every couple years. 

Iwawoodwork

Rustlers for at least 30 years, used to be $7.99 on sale at local Bi-Mart stores then 9.99 now 12.99, as previously said , wore for dress up, building, hobby logging, and play, the seemed to wear and fit, as well as any others that I occasionally bought at thrift stores (cheap) ,

nativewolf

Quote from: Old saw fixer on April 09, 2021, 10:11:28 AM
    @nativewolf,  I'd love to wear chainsaw pants but I have a 42/44 waist and not much luck reducing it!  
do Pfanner have a size to fit me?  I realize I could look it up but since you have been dealing with them for a while maybe you have an idea.
    Thanks, Rick
I don't know honestly.  Our problem is the opposite.  We are so skinny that even the pants don't stay up.  I'm going to have to go to suspenders.  
Liking Walnut

Corley5

Still wearing Walmart Wranglers.  
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

barbender

I've been steadily moving away from denim jeans to cargo and bdu type pants, they're just much more comfortable and especially when it's hot out. I just bought a couple of pairs of Wrangler cargo jeans at Walmart, $20 a pair I think. I also just bought a pair of Duluth Trading Company carpenter pants, I think they were called the Firehose Flex. Much more expensive, around $55, but very comfortable. We'll see if they are durable enough to justify the cost.
Too many irons in the fire

Wudman

Quote from: Corley5 on April 10, 2021, 11:36:55 AM
Still wearing Walmart Wranglers.  
Any problems with belt loops?  I wear them and about a dozen pair have had the same belt loop to pull loose in a matter of days.  It's the one directly above my left rear pocket.  I wear the truck seat back out in that same zip code and that hip gives me a fit half the time, so it just may be me.  I'm not as flexible getting in and out as I used to be. :-\

Wudman
"You may tear down statues and burn buildings but you can't kill the spirit of patriots and when they've had enough this madness will end."
Charlie Daniels
July 4, 2020 (2 days before his death)

Corley5

No issues with belt loops unless I catch them on something.  I wear a Hanks Belt with them.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

trapper

The dickies dont get holes in them when they get battery acid on them like denim.  duluth firehose melted when I got acid on them.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Satamax

Anybody knows which company was making the original firehose from Duluth?  Not the flex ones!

I quite like their old cargo ones. Gone through 4 pairs. Years back, but it was expensive and complicated to import over here. 

For work, i quite liked the double front  blaklader x1570 but you can't weld with those. They get holed. Well, the cordura melts. 

The simple cotton 1370 are worth zilch. 

May be the all cotton x1500 series are better. But they don't seem to "promote" these anymore.  And these cost an arm and a leg. 

I hate the trend of having flapping out side pockets (cargo pockets) These get caught in ladder bars, gutters etc. It is dangerous. 

Lately, i've bought cheapo helly hansen. They seem better than the 1370 blaklader. But still have that side pocket problem. 

HTH. 
French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

Raider Bill

Another thing about ordering direct from prison blues is they will make odd sizes at 
No extra charge
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

bulldozerjoe

Wild ass or keys... both seem to a longer torso, when I bend over my crack don't show lol. they also have suspender buttons
New holland tc 45
Fransguard 4000
Sthil 021-028super-029-066

Clark

Years ago I moved away from denim on the job. It just doesn't last and as others have stated, there are much better choices in warm weather.

@nativewolf That is smart with the chainsaw pants. I have a pair that I use at work and they are much more comfortable than chaps although we tend to go to chaps in the summer when we aren't sawing as much.

It was probably 15 years ago I gambled and bought a pair of Filson pants that were somehow on sale. Didn't realize the rarity of it but I haven't looked back. For cruising timber nothing beats their tin cloth. I can tear up a pair of denim pants in 2-3 months running through the woods. Tin cloth lasts me 2 years or so. Pay more up front and get way more on the back side. 

Clark
SAF Certified Forester

sawguy21

I wear Wrangler or Levi, whatever is on sale at Walmart and fits. I tried some cheap no name but they didn't fit properly, looked terrible, and didn't last. The local selection is rather limited and I won't order online, they have to fit before I leave the store.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

mike_belben

Schmidt workwear at rural king is the best low budget deal going.  Theyre carhartt clones under $15 last time i looked and im not lying when i say i had a pair of the brown duck fabric schmidts slightly outlast the carharrts they copied once.  Its been a while and i wear my stuff to absolute rags then make rags from it. Probably only buy clothes every 4yrs or so. 
Praise The Lord

Tacotodd

My wife buys me "T"'s, but I buy my outerwear. I'm still saying my surplus BDU's. Online world be great, if they could get long enough inseam.  34 waist & 36 inseam. Seams like an odd duck I know, but I've been told that I have long legs and short torso. Oh well!🤦🏻

Hunting clothes are a "try it before I buy them" type of deal, cause I HATE being cold!, but THAT'S another story altogether.
Trying harder everyday.

newoodguy78

34x36 is what I wear and I'll second that as far as being tough to find 

barbender

I remember days long ago wearing 30x36, then 31 and 32 for a bit, then blew right through the middle 30's for 38" waist😁 When I was 23, my metabolism dropped like Johnny Cash's voice. I started the road construction season in May at 30x36 and by October I was 38x34, I gained 100 lbs in about 5 months😳 I was way too skinny to begin with, could never gain weight for the life of me, but I breezed right past my ideal weight somewhere in there😂 

thecfarm

I did the same thing my Father did. I went into my early 40's maybe 130,than boom I was growing!!! Got up to almost #200 than dropped off about #20. Down quite aways from that now, but not my fault on the weight part. 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

barbender

Yeah my Dad had the same experience as me, bordering on unhealthy looking skinny until 23 then boom!😊

RPF2509

I normally wear Wild Ass double fronts most of the year except for extreme heat and they seem to last 2 years before coming apart.  One issue I've had with any brand of double fronts is they seem to first wear out and tear just above the double front - it sure would be nice if the double fabric went higher.  I have a pair of waxed Filson tin pants and they are the ticket when its wet and cold but miserably hot otherwise.  Never tried a pair of unwaxed though I would imagine they are worth the cost.  I've tried Duluth Firehose pants in a single layer for warmer weather and they were OK.  Did not seem to last longer than Wild Ass or Carhart but more expensive.  I've moved away from Carhart though I wore them for years as they do not have factory suspender buttons while the Wild Ass do.  Pound on suspender buttons don't hold up like factory installed ones.  For hunting (which takes place in the heat of early fall) I've gone to BDUs, very lightweight, cool and comfortable.  Don't know how they hold up under constant use.

gspren

@Raider Bill , which style jeans do you get? I looked at the prison blues site and there are quite a few styles.

Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Raider Bill

I get the blue, rinsed, relaxed with suspender buttons.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Thank You Sponsors!