iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

work jeans

Started by Nemologger, November 12, 2015, 06:58:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Glenn on November 15, 2015, 08:03:41 AM
Swampdonkey - what canadian manufacture do you buy from.  Im Canadian and Dickies work well for me but id like other options to try,

Big Bill's, most saw shops and Ag places sell them here. But I also order online out of Laval, Quebec

http://www.gostwear.com

model 147 shirt  button up not snaps

Model 1947 pants

They have other styles and brands

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Glenn

shinnlinger

I have wandered into uniform supply places like Kleen and purchased used pants from time to  time.   Usually they are lDickies and less than $2 a pair.  They wear well and can't beat the price.

Dave
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

so il logger

Quote from: SwampDonkey on November 15, 2015, 05:50:59 AM
Quote from: so il logger on November 15, 2015, 01:42:36 AM
I am walking more in a days time plus packing a saw and gas and oil.

Not if your cutting big trees, I've cutting all the little ones your walking by to the big ones, every square inch of ground walked on or saw hovers over.  I'm walking constantly all day, except 5 minutes to fill a tank with gas. Not out at the truck or on a  skidder. I pack a 25 lb saw and gas, water, tools........ When I'm out to the truck it's to go home. Or grab a second saw. :D :D

Your built a lot different than a Canadian. There is not enough seat area in them pants and the shirts are tight around the elbows. I just through a bunch out because I couldn't take it no more. And bought Canadian made for a Canadian man. And no, if you thin with a brush saw you haven't a big gut hanging over your belt. :D

Not arguing by any means but yes most of the time I am in bigger timber. Far as walking I would say at least 5 miles per day, but that's from the landing to cut zone 2-3 time's daily and all the step's it takes falling and topping. I am thin, 34-34 is my jeans size. I don't have a gut hanging over anything :D Are canadians built different than americans? I'm just curious

SwampDonkey

Some of us must be, because those Asia made garments never fit me, the sizes are wrong. A size 34 in Dickies is tight like a 32, in Big Bill's they have more seat area and not tight on me. My arms are not like Jake's on here and those Dickie shirts, even a large is tight around the elbows and shoulders. We must be talking about a different Dickie's than I've ever seen. As I said I tossed mine out and warned the same would happen if anyone bought me any. That explains it why they are $16 a pair. Cutting on materials. :D :D :D :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Raider Bill

Prison Blue Jeans. Made on the inside for life on the outside.
Seems they use a heavier material and will but brace buttons on for no extra charge.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

mike_belben

I like wildass and carhartt double knee.  
Praise The Lord

Tacotodd

I like my mil-surp BDU's, they fit me well. It's just whether or not the surplus store that I get mine from has them in stock. I have a strange fit, 36 inseam and 34 waist, med-long is the size label you'll find on mine. Never seen them at any places online and like to buy what has been tested to be a good work class for our boys in harm's way. Heck, I wear mine even for when I'm just lounging around the house. I find them comfortable as well. I'm likely to even show up at the pig roast wearing them. Tough as nails and shed thorns very well. Warm in winter and not to bad hot in summer (even with chaps on).
Trying harder everyday.

moodnacreek

Wrangler/Riggs doubles fit me better than Carhart and they have the suspender buttons. Until the weather gets hot, then I can't stand them. The lightest duct Carhart's I can find. [for hot weather].

caveman

I've been wearing the WildAss jeans for years but they have been out of stock for months and the price jumped from around $19 to $33 a pair.  I have a couple of pairs double kneed Riggs and they are fine but they are heavy, hot and take a long time to dry after washing.  I wore a pair of Levi's last Saturday for about two hours.  I came inside and changed.  I grew up wearing them but sometime along the way they took belt loops off, which lets my belt worn tools slide too far to the back, lowered the waistline and generally made them much less durable.  I'll keep a pair behind my truck seat for emergencies.
Caveman

barbender

I refuse to wear Levi's after I saw them jumping on anti-second amendment and other social causes a few years back. Not that I expect anyone else to😊
Too many irons in the fire

dgdrls

Key denim logger's when its cooler out
Filson Tins if its wet or even cool
For hot weather, military combat uniform trousers, love the button fly and drawstring waist and legs.

D

SwampDonkey

Quote from: barbender on April 08, 2021, 08:29:59 PM
I refuse to wear Levi's after I saw them jumping on anti-second amendment and other social causes a few years back. Not that I expect anyone else to
About 4 years ago, North Carolina’s White Oak plant closed up the last true denim weaving mill in the US. I wonder if Levi's price is still $90 a pair? :D As I said earlier, haven't warn denim in years. Way too hot, they don't slide well on your legs when walking when your hot and sweaty. Makes walking more work than it needs to be. And I hate wet soaked heavy jeans. :D

Ed_K

I wear a uniform pant and shirt from Wear Guard, haven't worn blue jeans for 25 yrs. But a chemo that I just started gave me an extended belly  :o :( >:( . So I'm trying some stretch jeans from wrangler. Their ok but I found they took two of the loops off so it's hard to keep my leatherman were I like it. Rita tried to extend the button on the wear guard pant but it looks funny  ;D .
Ed K

dgdrls

IMHO  all mens pants should have 7 belt loops, a button fly and suspender buttons as appropriate.

D

newoodguy78

Double knee carhartts 7 days a week 

doc henderson

with the integrated knee pads, of working on flooring or up and down on the ground.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Autocar

I wore carhartt sense I was 17  I bought a new pair a year ago and wore them twice and put them in a buck at the shop. Levi's in the summer and Dickie's bibs in the winter.
Bill

doc henderson

of course I now wear them with suspenders!  :)  @Skeans1 
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

nativewolf

Well I am surprised so many people wear jeans working.  We have gone to only using chainsaw pants if a saw is used that day.  No exceptions.  We've been using Pfanner, happy enough but the stretch fabric is too ..delicate.  The chainsaw protection parts work well, had two knicks in pants in last 2 years with 3 people and it worked great both times.  6 man years 2 knicks and at that ration we're going to keep on wearing pants.  Both incidents were in topping up stuff.
Liking Walnut

Skeans1

It's either Keys, Carhartts, Prison Blues, or Big Bills probably be swapping back to the drop in knee pads. As to the saw pants they don't last out here they shred in the brush quickly a set of logger jeans is a lot heavier duty.

Old saw fixer

@nativewolf,  I'd love to wear chainsaw pants but I have a 42/44 waist and not much luck reducing it! 
do Pfanner have a size to fit me?  I realize I could look it up but since you have been dealing with them for a while maybe you have an idea.
     Thanks, Rick
Stihl FG 2, 036 Pro, 017, HT 132, MS 261 C-M, MSA 140 C-B, MS 462 C-M, MS 201 T C-M
Echo CS-2511T, CS-3510
Logrite Cant Hook (with log stand), and Hookaroon

John Mc

Quote from: nativewolf on April 09, 2021, 09:08:26 AMWell I am surprised so many people wear jeans working. We have gone to only using chainsaw pants if a saw is used that day. No exceptions.

Since the OP specifically asked about "work jeans" and not chainsaw pants, I think that is what people have been focusing on.

I always wear either chaps or chainsaw pants when operating a saw, but that's not what comes to mind when someone asks about "work jeans".

Levis 505 jeans were always my favorite jeans. However, a pair I bought a couple of years ago did not hold up. I figured it was just my bad luck. I bought 3 pairs last year, and the fabric in one just separated about an inch from a seam in the crotch. They fit loosely, so it was not a matter of stuffing myself into jeans that did not fit properly. I'm disappointed. I'll be trying out some of the other styles mentioned here next time I replace some jeans.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

DaveP

Prison Blues from Baileys.

Raider Bill

Quote from: DaveP on April 10, 2021, 07:36:12 AM
Prison Blues from Baileys.
Prison blues have their own  website. 
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Thank You Sponsors!