iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

unusual leaf

Started by anneoakleaf, December 09, 2007, 04:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Having no signs of berries or even no berries is a difficult call on Mulberry since it is so slow to produce, 10 years from seed.  It is also hard to identify a male or female tree for the same reason, as well as the fact that the sex might change.

Here is a good article I googled up:
http://www.crfg.org/pubs/ff/mulberry.html

WDH

Tom,

Very informative article.  I never knew that they (red mulberries) could cross-dress until you pointed it out in another thread.

I eagerly await the month of May when My Favorite Mulberry tree is full of fruit :).  Reading the article instantly made me want some ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

SwampDonkey

When do I get mine?  I mean marbles mulberries. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WDH

I will send you some.........
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

SwampDonkey

Do they look kinda like a black berry?  :)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WDH

Sort of, but much longer.  Sweet-tart too, where blackberries are just sweet  Yum food1 food1.

Tom

I think they look more like a Raspberry than a blackberry, except that the stem doesn't come out of a mulberry like it does a Raspberry.  I don't know how it is up there, but down South, the kids are a lot easier to keep track of in Mulberry season.  :D

SwampDonkey

You sure won't find them glomming through the black berry thickets. ;D

and glomming is a word despite the spell checker, all be it slang.  ;)

Tom do you glom through the mulberry bushes to gleam the berries? ;D

WDH

Glom?  Wasn't that the creature in the Lord of the Rings?  So, when glomming, you shuffle through the blackberries a little hunched issuing hissing noises ??? ::).

Next spring, I will have to go glom me some mulberries :D.

Tom

Used to be, when I glommed mulberries, I glommed them from the top of a tree.  It lead me to having long arms and a prehensile tail.   Only recently have i evolved away from that and begun to take the form of a degraded modern human. :D

WDH

But still simian at heart, no doubt ;D.

Tom

smiley_monkeyfight   ;D

Thank You Sponsors!