iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The move to the farm is complete, finally

Started by 123maxbars, December 30, 2018, 04:03:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

123maxbars

I have been pretty quite on this board for the past few months. I bought a farm last September due to my growing sawmill business and have spent the better part of the last few months moving everything. The biggest thing to move was the chamber for my Wood-Mizer DH150kiln. I built the chamber similar to WDH's design which made it similar to a yard barn in appearance and structure. I have been very stressed out over moving the kiln after having difficulty finding a roll back company that would attempt to move it. This chamber is extremely heavy due to the extra insulation I installed when constructing.  I also had a new concrete pad poured at the farm to accept the building.  After three hours of tugging/rigging we were able to get it loaded on the roll back safely.  After the five mile trip to the farm the only damage was some metal came loose on the roof.  The only thing left to do now is finish the siding, run electrical to the building and use my tractor to push it about 20 inches in order to get in completely on the pad. For those of you looking at building a kiln, this type of building is a good idea so it can be moved if every needed. I thought I would never move after I built it but things changed.
Anyways here are some pics showing the move. 

Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

DPatton

Congratulations on the farm and the move. I can't tell for sure but it appears that you built that kiln on skids? Smart move on your part.
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

I moved to The Farm about 18 years. Nothing that needed a roll way to be moved,but had quite a few loads with a pick up truck.
Hope all goes well.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WV Sawmiller

Congratulations. Thanks for sharing. 

How about some more details about the farm. I hope you have plenty of guest rooms for when I stop over. :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

welderskelter

Better watch them guests. Thats sitting close to the house might be mistaken for the out house. Opps.

richhiway

You have been a busy dude. Keep up the good work. Le'ts see some milling video soon on youtube.
Woodmizer LT 40
New Holland 35 hp tractor
Stihl Chainsaws
Ford 340 Backhoe

Crossroads

Congratulations on the move and the farm, I look foto some new videos in the near future 
With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

Thank You Sponsors!