iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Green wood

Started by trainergeneral, September 23, 2009, 07:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trainergeneral

Have not been around a lot lately but last year I almost bought a new Aspen for around 12,000 canadian ,, now in the mean time the company goes under and now I am notified by Empyre of canada that they make model's for green wood ????? in canada..what's the scoop ?? now this morning e-mail from Green wood closing out sale for 5800.00 u.s. 

fishpharmer

Go ahead and get vacdry.  See top left of this page ;D
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

rowerwet

from what I have read on the hearth.com, greenwood went under, but another company is most likely going to be buying them out, as the design of the stove is good.
from what the founder and webmaster on the hearth said, they were a start up with lots of outside investors and a new stove design, now the investors are looking for a big return and the OWB market is not the place to really see that kind of return. He thought that if they had started out as a small operation with limited cash flow, instead of hundreds of thousands being thrown at them in the start up, they would not have gotten themselves into the situation they are in.
so don't loose hope if you have your heart set on one
Husky 460, Fiskars x27, X7

trainergeneral

I do not if it is good news or not.. the reciever for the bank called me wanting to know if I am interested in a new aspen 175., now 5800.00 not 10000 .. sound interesting.... 23 units in their ohio wharehouse and the rest sitting in a washington wharehouse..no duty to bring back across the border to canada .. just p.s.t. and g.s.t. 

Thank You Sponsors!