iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Why should I NOT buy a TimberKing ?

Started by Greg Cook, October 24, 2006, 08:01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

solodan

Quote from: LOGDOG on October 28, 2006, 03:42:14 PM

You're right on the swinger comment too though. Think we can sway Greg that way? ??? ;D

LOGDOG

I don't know, but swingers have there problems too. Right now, no mill is perfect for every situation, and I think we have to decide what best fits our needs. Like I've stated before, I will eventually add a band saw to my operation one day. ;D And Pat I'll be here rain, or shine, or snow, as I have way too much to do before I get to go anywhere. ;D ::) ;D

Greg Cook

Quote from: LOGDOG on October 28, 2006, 03:42:14 PM
You're right on the swinger comment too though. Think we can sway Greg that way? ??? ;D

LOGDOG

Perhaps y'all can sway me over to a swingmill...say if you have one that's just sitting around in your way.  Unused equipment is such a travesty. ;D
What actually got me thinking about a mill in the first place was watching the Lucas demo's on Bailey's website.  But discovered on here that the swingies prefer to eat bigger logs than I would have on a consistent basis.  No point buying a hog if you can't feed it properly!
Greg
"Ain't it GOOD to be alive and be in TENNESSEE!" Charlie Daniels

LOGDOG

Well Greg, we might not be able to get you that far BUT you can come saw on mine any time you like. I can think of at least one advantage to the swinger for you and that's not needing hydraulic's to turn the logs. It's alright if most of your timber is smaller. Especially now that Peterson offers a thin kerf blade. You could get into a WPF pretty reasonable, especially second hand. It's a thought. Also, since the invent of EZDogs for clamping, as well as some of the tools invented by one of our members here "Fabrik" using a swinger has never been so fun. But like I say, you're welcome for a visit any time if you want to make some sawdust. :)

LOGDOG

Thank You Sponsors!