iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

impellers for Little Giant 1-AA pump (WM Sharpener)

Started by BBTom, December 15, 2006, 12:48:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BBTom

If anyone needs an impeller for their pump, let me know.  I had to buy three of them to make the $10 minimum billing at my parts place.  I only need one, so will gladly toss one in the mail to the first two who need one.

Little Giant Part number 101441 Impeller

It may fit other LG pumps too.  They have Parts listing in their manuals online.
2001 LT40HDD42RA with lubemizer, debarker, laser, accuset. Retired, but building a new shop and home in Missouri.

Tom

Now that they made you buy something you didn't want, and you did, I wonder what would happen if you returned them and wanted a refund.   What is their refund policy?  Sometimes businesses get too fancy with their rules and don't cover all of the bases.  Will they only allow returns of $10 or more?   

I figure it would be fun to find out. :D

Kcwoodbutcher

Why don't you keep them for future use? If your luck is anything like mine the new one will go south the day after I mailed the spares.
My job is to do everything nobody else felt like doing today

BBTom

I guess that just isn't my nature, Tom.  I am happy to get a $55 pump running for the $12.  I feel like I saved money, and to top it off, I just might get to help someone here.  Being close to Christmas,  I guess I am in the gifting mood. 

I have thought about that KCWB.  And I was hoping I would only get one request, just to have a spare.   ;D
2001 LT40HDD42RA with lubemizer, debarker, laser, accuset. Retired, but building a new shop and home in Missouri.

Tom

Hmm.   sounded like a fun experiment to me.  :-\

Slabs

I'll bet that a $12 "Fountain Pump" would do the job if anybody had an emergency.  You'd have to get crafty on the hose fittings though.

I'm using one for a low lift sump pump in the basement.
Slabs  : Offloader, slab and sawdust Mexican, mill mechanic and electrician, general flunky.  Woodshop, metal woorking shop and electronics shop.

Furby

Ya can get those fountain pumps for as little as $5 if ya look around.
Depends on how much flow ya want.

BBTom

I look at it this way,  I have seen some of those cheapy fountain pumps, and was not impressed.  I have used this LG pump in my sharpener for 6 years now.  It has circulated a whack of coolant, grit and shavings in that 6 years.  It still runs like a top, but the impeller finally gave up.  I see no reason to replace an excellent pump with a cheapy one for lack of a $4 impeller. 

Thank You Sponsors!