iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Dealer Referral

Started by Clarkforestry, March 21, 2014, 09:24:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clarkforestry

Hey - my first post on this forum.  Starting up a sawmill and dry kiln business and looking for used LT 40 mill and 2-blade edger. Anybody have dealings with Carolina Used Machinery? I like the look of some of their listings but uncertain of their reputation and their buying process seems complicated.  First you wire a deposit to the dealer (not the equipment owner), THEN you find out where the equipment is and who owns it, then you go look at it, then you wire full payment (no haggling) to the dealer, then you go pick up the equipment. Looking for past experience here cause I've never dealt this way.   Thanks! 

warren46

I purchased my Timber Harvester mill from Carolina Machinery Sales (CMS) last fall.  My experience was very different from what you describe.  I visited the owner/seller with the full knowledge of CMS to look at the mill before I committed to purchase.  The owner let me know what his bottom line was and I made that offer to CMS.  The offer was accepted and I paid considerably less than the original asking price.  All in all a good experience with the company.
Warren E. Johnson
Timber Harvester 36HTE25, John Deere 300b backhoe/loader.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Hey Clark, Welcome to the Forestry Forum.

What part of the Carolinas do you live in?

I'm not familiar with CAROLINA USED MACHINERY.

Call WOODMIZER CAROLINA in Albermarle, N.C. and ask for Joe or Tyler. Wendy will answer the phone and she can help get your information......she knows her stuff.
They can find out if there are any used LT40's in your area or where ever.

If I can help.....just message me.

Again....welcome.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

Hello Clarkforestry, and Welcome to the Forestry Forum.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Clarkforestry,welcome to the forum, Even been around a sawmill?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

ArnoldFarms

Faith, Family, Job

Clarkforestry

Thanks for the replies folks.  Warren, the outfit I'm talking to Carolina Used Equipment, different than CMS.  It's confusing cause a web search turns up CMS also.  I'll keep looking - just don't want a $25 K education.   

5quarter

Warren....If I haven't already said it, I have a mill crush on that timber harvester of yours.  ;) ;D
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

Thank You Sponsors!