iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Used Timberking B2600 - what is it worth?

Started by wesdor, May 01, 2017, 05:00:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wesdor

I just heard about a Timberking B2600 sawmill that is for sale.  I am trying to work out a mutually agreeable time to view it, but thought I might get some input here.

I know the mill is at least 10 years old, but it has been stored inside all the time the current owner has had it - he purchased it several years ago from the original purchaser.  He tells me it has two gas engines - one to run the saw head and the other to run the hydraulics. 

His reason for selling is that he has a barn full of lumber that will outlast his lifetime and needs the room in his shed for other things.

The mill has the electronics to control thickness, but he has never used it - preferring to set thickness manually (I think he doesn't want to learn how to use the computer).  So I'm guessing the controls will still work.

I know this is not enough information, but am wondering what is a reasonable price range for this kind of mill. 

Will post more details once I see it, but that won't be for at least 2 weeks.

Thanks in advance for your wisdom.

ChugiakTinkerer

There are several Timberking hydraulic mills listed on the Sawmill Exchange.  You can click on there their Sponsor icon to the left and see what is currently listed.  None of them are a B2600 but asking prices range from $14,500 to $44,000.  I'd wager that the one you're eyeing falls in that range.   :)
Woodland Mills HM130

wesdor

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll check them out. Also get more details regarding mill. That is quite a range of price, so I'm guessing you are right.

Also hoping that with a serial #, Timberking may be able to provide more accurate information.

Tom the Sawyer

I have a B20, I think there might have been a B16, but have never heard of a B2600.  Their newer mills, since about 2010 have 4 digit numbers, 1220, 1400, 1600, 2000, 2200, 2400, 2500 but again, no 2600.  If it is that old, it is probably a B20.  Be glad to answer specific questions or, more accurately, call TK and ask to speak with Mike or Jason.
07 TK B-20, Custom log arch, 20' trailer w/log loading arch, F350 flatbed dually dump.  Piggy-back forklift.  LS tractor w/FEL, Bobcat S250 w/grapple, Stihl 025C 16", Husky 372XP 24/30" bars, Grizzly 20" planer, Nyle L200M DH kiln.
If you call and my wife says, "He's sawin logs", I ain't snoring.

wesdor

Thanks Tom,
Like you, The number has me wondering.   When I get a look at it that will likely be cleared up.  Once I know for sure I'll contact the people you name at Timberking.

Will_Johnson

When we made the transition from the B-20 to the 2000 we styled the new mill as the B2000 for a few months. It may be that this is an early 2000 mill. As Tom indicates, we have never to this point made a mill with the model number 2600.

Certainly call us when you find out more. We always try to help, but also know it's usually very hard to value a machine over the phone. Imagine calling a Ford dealer and saying: "Hey, I have a 2010 F150. Any idea what it's worth?"

Well...

wesdor

Thanks Will,
Our schedules are conflicting so it will be at least two weeks before we can get together.

Agree on the inability to provide value over the phone. I'll look for hours and condition. Hopefully can find a reasonable range of value for the mill once I have sufficient details.

Thanks again

Thank You Sponsors!