iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

240E

Started by Ever Green, August 09, 2007, 07:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ever Green

Just went and looked at one last night.  Needs a set of tires and will need chains.  Nobody around when we looked at it...so I couldn't hear it run...looked tight and winch just re-built by Lyons...Guy asking $20,000...which I think was a little steep for a 81 that needs some things....can anyone help me out...or does anybody know of a timberjack for sale...

Thanks,
Vince
Vince

bitternut

If the one you looked at is located on route 77 north of Arcade NY its been for sale quite a while. I go by there on the way to my woods and I see it all the time. I know it works because I have seen it sitting there once in a while with a hitch of firewood logs behind it. Never have seen it running though or anyone around it.

Ever Green

Yep, thats the one...I think it has been for sale for 2 yrs or so...I think 20 is a little steep, what do you think...
Vince

bitternut

I am no help with a value for a skidder. I just happen to have noticed it there for quite some time. If I ever see it running I will have to stop and look it over. Might be going by tomorrow morning. Will have to slow down and take a better look at it.

Sawyerfortyish

That price sounds high to me but you get what you pay for. I can't see it but I can tell you I bought a 91 tj 380 last year for 10g but it needed 8g in repairs plus my labor so I didn't a deal but I got what its worth in it. Try searching skidder sales on the net it might give you a ball park idea. Ironmart.com or Lyons equipment might give you a idea. Lyons was a TJ dealer I think they have a location in little falls NY.

Thank You Sponsors!