iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Buying equipment from forestryequipmentsales.com or pther dealers.

Started by saxon0364, March 01, 2013, 09:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saxon0364

The thread about buying new equipment made me want to ask about this.   Has anyone here bought a skidder, forwarder, dozer, whatever from forestry equipment sales or an outfit like that?     Having just seen pictures?  Ive been looking at skidders on line and some of these dealers offer quotes on trucking from out of state, financing, the whole deal.   Seems like you could buy the machine without leaving your keyboard.
    Ive purchased two skidders in the past. I bought them both from mills I was working with.   Made the payments right to them so I have no idea what interest rates should be on older equipment. Ive heard anywhere from 5% (which I find hard to believe) and 12% (which is more than Id pay.) I cant see myself buying a machine I cant look over, run out and get a feel for.   But somebody must be doing it and getting on okay or these companies would not stay in business. 
Nothing wrong with quiet.

Autocar

I bought my skidder from a fellow that was into strip mining and did ok but a friend of mine bought a 360 Timberjack grapple skidder from a dealer , it looked like a million bucks. We took it to the job drove it off the trailer and the first hitch out of the woods and it quit pulling. Had Lynons equipment look at it and they said the transmission was bad so they went back to the company they bought it from . To make a long story short they never made it right,it sat at the mill for a year or two then he sent it to Lyons Equipment they rebuilt the transmission for him and then sold it for him. I don't have a idea for you to figure it out eather just don't get excided theres plenty of machines out there look till you find the right one.
Bill

thenorthman

crooks list, (craigs) almost always one on there, and they are in driving distance, so you can go play with it before you buy it.  Most of em are pretty beat up,  but the ones I've seen have more or less all been ready to work.
well that didn't work

MDLogging

I wouldnt buy any logging equipment without looking at it myself.  If its to far to drive or fly, not interested.

Thank You Sponsors!