iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Clark 664/664B 666/666B specs FYI

Started by oldseabee, August 12, 2015, 04:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldseabee

Stall speed on Clarks are taken with trans in high gear and hydraulics over relief. 664&664B cable main relief 1600PSI, grapple 2000 PSI, both oils need to be hot 180 deg.stall speed 664/664B cable with C273 convertor, 1920-2080 rpm with C272 convertor 1540-1820 rpm, grapple 1790-1920 rpm. To stall convertor for preheat high gear at 3/4 throttle for no more then 30 seconds at a time put trans in neutral for free flow for 30 seconds to even out the heat, do the same for the hydraulics.Be worth it to get trans pressures, and engine stall speed all the clutches should be within 5 PSI of each other. . clutch pressures are taken at idle with hot oil 240-280 PSI, including winch functions. Plug gauge into valve on the side of the convertor unless the test hose is still there, then use it. Post the results here if there is something out of spec especially on the winch.   

treeslayer2003

boys, ya need this stitched on your sun visor! thanks seabee.

oldseabee

My bad, forgot to mention that units with a Gearmatic winch have clutch pressure 180-220. the clutch pressure regulator valve is mounted to the convertor. The lower pressure has one internal spring, the higher pressure one has two springs, other then that the valve is the same. There has been cases where someone took a valve off a loader and put on his skidder and now the winch doesn't work. the free spool clutch in the Clark winch is spring loaded and needs the higher pressure to overcome the springs too allow the free spool to work. You just need to put the right springs in the valve for it to work.

Farmer Todd

That's a lot for me to take in. Just looked at a665 grapple funky second gear seems like linkage to me. Kind of wondering if it was gone how muc fix would run into. Old Seabee where you ever in Quonset?

Thank You Sponsors!