iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Forestry Forum school of knowledge

Started by florida, October 27, 2019, 12:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

florida

Last Monday I was flying home and was seated next to a pretty tough looking guy covered with tats. I made some comments to him and he responded. He turned out to be a very well-spoken guy who admitted to making mistakes when he was younger but had turned his life around. He had come to town to help his mother move and had noticed a garage sale across the street so wandered over. He told me he had bought 3 real nices axes, Swedish, but couldn't think of the name. I said, "Well, Swedish so I'd guess they are Gransfosr Bruks." He was incredulous that I knew that so we talked about axes until we landed. We had a great time and the flight just flew by!  Of course, I only knew about Gransfors Bruks from reading the Forum!
General contractor and carpenter for 50 years.
Retired now!

DDW_OR

I have met several people that, from appearance, looked like i should avoid but turned out to be very nice.
likewise i have met several "beautiful" people that turned out to be ugly.
"let the machines do the work"

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Wudman

I have a good story for this one.  My wife and I took a cruise a few years back down through the Caribbean.  We met a couple on their honeymoon from Eastern Tennessee.  The guy was covered in tattoos and looked pretty intimidating, but turned out to be a pretty good guy.  We had a stop in the Bahamas.  He told me that he was tired of paying $10 per drink on the ship and was going to find a liquor store.  He cleared the secure area at the port and walked up to the first guy that he saw to ask him directions to the liquor store.  People came running and he felt a hand on his shoulder and turned to see a United States DEA badge in his face.  The guy that he approached was a major drug dealer on the island and had been under surveillance for months.  They thought my friend was his US contact.  He spent 12 hours convincing law enforcement that he was simply looking for the liquor store.  Talk about bad luck. ;D

Wudman  
"You may tear down statues and burn buildings but you can't kill the spirit of patriots and when they've had enough this madness will end."
Charlie Daniels
July 4, 2020 (2 days before his death)

Magicman

One should not jump to conclusions about a big guy with tats that you think that you can beat in an arm wrestle.  :o

His wife either.  :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

I work in a hardware store. I meet some people. There are some that if you called them at 2am for help,they would be on thier way. BUT they are the ones that I would not want to cross either. ;D 
As I say,I want him on my side,but I don't want to feed him. :D 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!