iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woodmaster C Blades

Started by shortlogger, January 27, 2012, 11:19:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WH_Conley

Got mine today. Will wait til I have some logs that don't have half the mud froze and half thawed. Wouldn't be a fair test when the mud is set up like concrete.
Bill

Ohio_Bill

Quote from: WH_Conley on January 03, 2013, 07:15:08 PM
Got mine today. Will wait til I have some logs that don't have half the mud froze and half thawed. Wouldn't be a fair test when the mud is set up like concrete.

Bill Did you get the 7,s
Bill
USAF Veteran  C141 Loadmaster
LT 40 HDD42-RA   , Allis Chalmers I 500 Forklift , Allis Chalmers 840 Loader , International 4300 , Zetor 6245 Tractor – Loader ,Bob Cat 763 , Riehl Steel Edger

WH_Conley

Should have been 10's. To tell you the truth I was busy when Fedex ran and I didn't get a chance to look.
Bill

Larry

I got 7's.  They look a lot like WM 7's with the tall tooth, but a few subtle differences.  Can't wait to give em a try in some tough wood but all I have in the yard is softwood right now.   
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

LeeB

I got mine a week or two back. Haven't had anything to use them on yet. The FedEx guy didn't actually deliver to me, he just threw them out in the bushes at the bottom of the hill. Luckily my SIL found them before somebody else did. >:(
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

hackberry jake

Got my bands in today, they look pretty sweet with the blue surface. I can't wait to sink em in some logs!
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

drobertson

Got mine yesterday just after lunch! At the same time a load of 16' cedar logs,  thanks daniel,   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

ND rancher

I got to try a 7° on the same oak that dulled a ultra before I got it cut.It went through like nothing, then moved on to a cottonwood, same thing. Then started on ash, no problem until last cut on a cant,and then I heard that bad sound..... :( End of that blade. Hit my first FO, a broad head! They sure made a smooth cut, not much to plane when dry.If the rest are as good I will be putting in a order. :)  photo to come later.    Keith
TimberKing B-20.  Have been bitten by the bug! Loving life !

xlogger

I cut a few syp boards yesterday and tried my 10° blades. They work real good I've got more to cut later and will see how they hold up.
Steve, did you see how I did the ° ? :D
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

ladylake

Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

hamish

Snowed in a froze up, only was to the mill is on snowshoes........and you lucky guys are cutting!
Norwood ML26, Jonsered 2152, Husqvarna 353, 346,555,372,576

bandit11208

Just recieved my 3 blades ;D. Will have to wait to try them cause my mill is 300 miles North of me right now. Thanks Dan your the best!!!!      Does it mean I have a problem when all I dream about at night is cutting logs?
Woodland mills Hm126, Sthil MS461, MS261, MS250, MS180, 1949 Ford 8n, Ariens 27 ton splitter.

drobertson

Yea, you are sick, it is a common ailment,  go to your wood stove, grab some bark and slivers that fell off while loading, take a sniff, or two, and get to the mill as soon as possible,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Art_H

The blades came about a month ago, (Lenox woodmaster C-Sharp) They gave me 4 instead of 3, 1-1/2" 7 deg.  Just tried them out.  Had dried local Douglas Fir.  This stuff is super hard, and is really on the verge of being a hardwood.  Anyway, they cut very nicely and very straight, despite the crude guide system I have.  The finish is great, and I'm not even going to bother planing the concrete form work timber.

Thanks Lenox for your gracious offerings, and it did not go unnoticed.

Thanks Dan as well for actioning the sample requests.

Art

levans

My free blades came awhile back but the weather is not being kind to Me.
I did get to try one blade out but I don't know if it was a very fair test, The log was a white oak about 26" at the small end, it had been down for about three years and at the time was frozen.
Short of driving some spikes in it I'm not sure what more I could have ask of that blade.
I had some slight diving when cutting the full width of the log but came to find the guides were a little bit out, as soon as I can get into the woods I'm going try the blades on some fresh cut pine.

Migal

Ok I'm prepared to test these blades but yet to be offered the chance so as far as Migal is concerned If it sound's to good to be true,then it must be . :snowball:
Stihl learning and picked up my Log Master LM2 Cat 34hp 02 21 12! 230MF+ the toys that go with it! MS361 MS271 Stihl PB500 Echo 48" LogRite 16ft Bass Tracker Pro' Abua Garcia 5600 bait caster, Wood working equipment' Lake Lot never enough time! oh don't forget the fridge with ale! Loving Wife Rebeca

shortlogger

Migal .... All you have to do is pm Dan Sawyer and tell him what blade you need and he will send them
1 Corinthians 3:7 So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase . "NKJV"

drobertson

I just ran the first one today, a ten degree, All I can say at this point is if they resharpen good, I might have found a new band blade, it just smoked through the erc, not that this is difficult cutting, but really nice surface finishes at a high feed rate.. looking foward to more sawing tomorrow.   david

millstead

I have been using the wood master c blades they have been a good blade and I can buy them at a shop 4 miles from home I'm looking forward to trying the new blades out 

drobertson

Well I messed up again :D  these are the C-sharps,  mighty fine running blade, been on the cook's super sharp for quite awhile now,  these could replace them if they resharpen well, just saying a good blade but have only ran this one for a few hundred bdft.  david

xlogger

Used the C sharp 7° today on some white oak, I really like the way it cut. I've got a few more oak logs to cut tomorrow and will sharpen it to see how it does. I have  used the 10° blades also, they did well too.  thanks, Dan
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

hunz

I received (4) 1-1/4" blades today compliments of Dan, 2 with 7* hook and 2 of the 10*. I haven't had a chance to run them yet but definitely look forward to it based on the other trials on the forum. I have a pile of 25"+ EWP that needs to be sawn and some red/white oak. I have a 33" diam white oak 7' long that has been at the mill for a while, just haven't got up enough nerve to saw it. This sucker is going to give my mill a run for its money. I think these new 7* c sharps may be up to the job, we'll see!
Dream as if you'll saw forever; saw as if you'll die today.

2006 Woodmizer LT40D51RA, Husqvarna 372xp, Takeuchi TL140

Magicman

I agreed to trial the Woodmaster C Blades.  I committed to give them a fair trial and an unbiased opinion.  They came in, but they will have to wait until Pat and I get back home.

I will have to find a source for resharpening.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

drobertson

Lynn, for someone who has cut way over a million board feet, and the manner in which you do it, I am amazed that you in the  least have no way of sharpening your own. I know you are a man of means, and it is hard for me to figure sending blades to someone else, regardless of how easy it is, cost is cost.  Blade sharpening is not rocket science or time consuming it is a business that either cost or pays.  Take this how you wish, but in the time you have a glass of tea and snack break you could pay yourself and for the snacks,   david

beenthere

And he could stay home from elk hunting, and honeymooning, and sharpen blades and even take in blades to sharpen for others.  Come on MM, get R in gear.   ;D ;D ;D

(tongue in cheek here )   ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!