iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Did something dumb today.

Started by firefighter ontheside, February 26, 2019, 10:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DbltreeBelgians and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Stephen1

Quote from: firefighter ontheside on January 30, 2023, 01:37:27 PM
That's a bummer.  Was that one of the new ones too?

FF of course it was, $400 gone in a blink of an eye!
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Don P

I was watching this while having a morning cup and remembered we were talking about old magneto's. I had not thought about why the spark gets weak on these old engines. The magnet needs re-energizing, cool  8)

Your old Magneto will need this! How to build and use a electro-Magnetizer! - YouTube

Magicman

Interesting.  Something that I will never use nor need, but informative none the less.  :P
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

trimguy

I've been using up some stacks of lumber that I cut, and I end up with stickers leaned up over here, stacked over there, laid on top of that, laid on top of this, etc. I remember seeing a picture of a sticker shack on here somewhere, so that's what I need.

The stickers laid crossways are to separate dry stickers from green stickers. The problem is I didn't build it wide enough to fit the forks on the backhoe. So I Had to put runners the other direction. There was no personal injury in this project.

trimguy

Well , my pictures didn't get inserted where I thought I put them , so I guess I messed that up too.

WV Sawmiller

That is way smarter than parking your ATV with cart attached next to the dead ash you are fixing to cut for firewood. Of course the ash tree "can never" fall in that direction so no need to move the 4 wheeler. ::) The top snapped off when the tree fell and landed right across the tongue of the cart. Fortunately it was only 3-4 inches in diameter where it snapped off and did not do any damage. The heavy trunk is still hung on a maple limb but won't be too hard to finish cutting and get to it for firewood.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Magicman

I once dropped a Cherry tree and was very careful to park the 4 wheeler plenty far enough away, and I did.  When the Cherry tree fell it caught another which in turn caught still another tree which crashed my 4 wheeler, big time.   It took me quite a while to even find my 4 wheeler and even longer to piece together what had happened.

I was not far enough away from that 3rd tree.  :-X
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WV Sawmiller

I did that with a big poplar several years ago. You have seen and commented on my customized LogRite cant hook that was laying in the trail where the main log fell. I had to cut a pretty good sized buckeye top off my ATV to get to it.

I'm taking a break today from framing in my shed extension. (Actually my drill battery is recharging before I can hang the last 2- 8' long 2X4s). I placed one 13' fresh cut poplar 2X4 on top of the old one from before the extension and leaned the other end on a stepladder. I reached down for my drill and whack! Right on the gourd. 13' green 2X4s are heavy. I'm glad it was not oak.

On the next 2X4 I drilled a 6" deep 3/8" pilot hole for a long lag screw. When I went to back it out the auger bit hung, I was too close and Whack. The battery hit me right under the chin.

Some days it just doesn't pay to get out of bed. ::)
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

doc henderson

Howard, I think Don P or Jim can back me up, but if you go to the tool box, and look up green framing lumber for framing, and go to the bottom of the charts, and follow the column with an * that references framing material that has contacted WV sawmillers head, it is no longer suitable for framing material due to possibility of catastrophic failure.   :) :) :)

glad you are OK, not so sure about the 2 x 4! ;)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

WV Sawmiller

"May the fleas from a thousand camels infest your tent!" >:( :D
Howard Green

doc henderson

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

firefighter ontheside

Good stuff guys.  Keep it up, as long as you don't damage your equipment too bad or hurt yourself too severely.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Magicman

Just a hypothetical question.  If an unnamed person was replacing the front door speakers in his RAV4 and it began to rain and he moved his F250 from the carport so that the aforementioned RAV4 could be moved into the aforementioned carport and the aforementioned unnamed person then backed the aforementioned RAV4 into the front winch bumper of the aforementioned F250 should the aforementioned unnamed person tell his wife or not??  ::)

Just asking for a friend.   ??? 

TroyC

MM- depends on how badly damaged her F250 winch is.  :)

bigblockyeti

If the RAV4 is 5 years old or less then probably, if older then "That probably happened at the grocery store" will suffice.

Resonator

Have you bought her flowers or jewelry lately? ??? ;D
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Resonator

And whatever you do, add a backup camera to the Rav4. Once you have one, you'll never want to drive a vehicle without it.

Southside

Lets see what the resident "backing up into things" expert @barbender has to say.   :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

SawyerTed

Someone once told me, "If your wife is mad, buy a new fishing rod.  She'll still be mad but you'll have a new fishing rod."

There's a thread in the General Board about the metamorphosis of pickup trucks.  

Backup cameras and proximity sensors are great features.  These features have reduced the damage done by persons unnamed in my house.  :o

Go out to eat fess up and enjoy the evening.  
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Magicman

Quote from: Resonator on February 08, 2023, 02:02:44 PMAnd whatever you do, add a backup camera to the Rav4.
The last addition that "he" made to that 2003 Rav4 was to add a backup camera and it's my understanding that it is working perfectly.

I have it on good authority that the best defense is that it must have happened in the Walmart parking lot.   :-X

As a side note.....it did not rain, but the speakers sound good.   ::)

Resonator

Quotewas to add a backup camera and it's my understanding that it is working perfectly.
Well obviously there was a hidden defect in the software of the backup camera, and that was the cause of the accident so it's really to blame. :D

(Edit: Meant as sarcasm. :D)

doc henderson

she probably already knows and is waiting to see if you tell her.  sleep well.  My dad used to buy a tool he needed/wanted, and it would go to the back of a shelf maybe even behind some stuff.  then three years later my mom would ask, "when did you get that"  and my dad would answer "I have had that for years".  

Magicman

One thing to remember when you buy tools and guns.  The ladies might not know the difference but they can count.

Same way we are with ladies' shoes.  ::)

doc henderson

It works both ways.  one year, my dad got my mom a kitchen deal like a meat slicer and my mom was not happy and really did not want it.  the next year my dad got her some nice jewelry after the MS (meat slicer) debacle.  My dad figured out my mom was unwrapping it and showing to the Neighbor lady friends.  prob unwrapped and rewrapped 3 or 4 times.  Just before getting to open some presents Christmas eve, my mom was like a kid and vary excited to open and finally have this gift.  So she opened it and there was nothing in the box.  she acted confused but also looked very guilty, and thought she had messed up and somehow forgot to put is back in the box.  I think it was a ring.  after a while, my dad asked " is this what you are looking for"?  Oh my God, he was in trouble for a second year.  Dad had removed it.   :snowball:

firefighter ontheside

I cut down two dead yellow pine trees the other day and I did not hit my side x side with either one because of the talk here about hitting stuff with falling trees.  Thanks all.

Lynn, when I backed my truck into my wife's car I blamed it on her.  I was backing the truck into the garage and hit the back of her car with the driver side mirror of my truck.  Didn't hurt my mirror, but put a huge dent in the back hatch of the Subaru.  I told her she had parked too close to the middle of the garage and I didn't have room to get into the garage without hitting the car.  I'm sure you can figure some way that it was her fault.  I mean, I'm sure your friend can figure some way that it was his wife's fault.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Thank You Sponsors!