iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lawn maintenance

Started by isawlogs, May 22, 2008, 08:41:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

isawlogs

Ya I know , a smilley for the lawn trip ...  ::) But this year I got me to thinking that I could bring the cost of that operation down some . So I invested into some fencing , and an extra electric fence zapper and put those horses to use  ;D

Here they are doing a good job of keeping the front lawn mowed down.   
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

stonebroke

Boy I bet they really liked that nice grass.

Stonebroke

isawlogs

They sure did , also found the lake to be quite refreshing ,  ::) Not sure if the fish where thinking the same  :D

Zoé , the filly is a month old here , she never got near the water , she just kept an eye out on her lunch  ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Paul_H

Nice place you have there!
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

DanG

Nice place indeed!

After my comment yesterday on the gas price thread, I decided to invest a bit of gasoline in a trim for the yard.  However, a new challenge was thrust upon me shortly.  I stopped the mower to move the car and some other plunder, and when I re-engaged the blades, the belt went slack.  When I got it back over to the shop, I discovered that one of the pulleys on the deck was gone.  I've looked all over, but can't find it...it must have tossed it quite a ways. :D :D  I may have to resort to the Marcel Method of lawn care for a while. ;)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Norm

I like to do that with Patty's fat horse but her feet are so big unless the ground is pretty dry she really tears the lawn up. A few years ago I walked down to the garden to find tracks that looked like an elephant had wandered through. I knew right away that Becky had gotten out overnight. :D

sawguy21

Can you train her to spread the fertilizer evenly? :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Dale Hatfield

That has always been my idea of mowing the grass. However my wife thinks differently. So the mowing and yard tending falls under conditions of the day i got hitched I dont mow grass  now ya can kiss the bride.
Game Of Logging trainer,  College instructor of logging/Tree Care
Chainsaw Carver

TexasTimbers

Man that's a nice spread Marcel. :)

Have you ever swam a horse for any great distance? I am not a big horse guy but living here where I do, it's pretty hard not to end up on a horse every now and then. About 10 years ago I was riding with a friend and we got to a large pool on her property, 4 - 5 acres pool, she says "Ever swam one?" I said "crossed a few creeks, one deepr than the horse one time for a few seconds". She siad "Oh no that won't do."

We swam 'em all the way across that snake-infested (in my mind at least) pool. She picked the narrowest part of it which about was 100' crossing, and it's a experience you have to have to appreciate. ;D
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Norm

Doing my part to save lawn mowing gas also.  ;D

After this much green grass it's too bad I can't store some of that gas she generates. :D

isawlogs

I don't think that the 10 liters of gas saved from cutting grass here will make a big difference , it just seams right to me to let um eat it ..
We do get the elephant tracks where it is a little softer , I just get the lawn roller , fill it with water and haull it around .
  We must have different types of elephants Norm , yours seams a tad bit plumper then mine  ;D

None the less , that sure is a nice pic . Horse looks good too .  ;)
Hey Norm How big of a collar to fit that Horse , ???
Texeecantimber
  Never went swimin' with one and dont think it need be on my ' to do ' list  :D
I much rather drive um through the snow ..  8)

Marcel

Norm

Becky is a pretty big girl.  ;D

I don't know how much she weighs but she has to bend her head down for me to put the halter on. She knows the halter means that she's going to get out for fresh green grass so when she sees it she'll lower her head to have it put on. We had to buy one that's made for drafts as the regular ones are no where near big enough.

She is very gentle but doesn't know her own strength. You have to be careful not to let her lean on you. :D

SwampDonkey

Grandfather never mowed grass, once in a while a milk cow was tethered to a post or tree.  ;D

Nice ranch Marcel.  ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WDH

Marcel,

Are those pear trees in bloom in the background of the first pic?

Norm,

Wow, look at all those beautiful wildflowers!!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

semologger

I am going to get a  goat for my dog pen. They are not as large scale as them horses but they have to eat also. I will be putting it out in the front yard also, and the back,sides. I am glad a friend is going to cut my hay field thos year. I am going to give it to him just to get it cut. The only prob is i am going to have to be out there helping them.  ;D

isawlogs

Danny , the one on hte left is some kind of plumb tree , aint any good to eat  :-\ The other to the right is an aple tree  ( I think you might call it a crab aple ) This one makes great juice for jelly's  :)
We gave some thoughts on getting some goats , then merory kicked in and lost that thought right quick . Them things is just to hard to fence in , I beleive it is easier to fence things out of there reach, then to try to fence them into something . I have seen them too often standing on a fence post ....  ::) How in the dickens cna you fence um in if they go stand on a six inch post six feet up .  :o ??? :-\
  Horses only need a wire that has electricity going through it ...  Then you can put some that they think has electricity going through it to keep um in .  :P

Marcel

semologger

I put up a woven wire fence thats 47 inch tall. Then on the bottom about 8 to 12 inches i put up a shocker fence. If i have a problem with em  going over the top i will just put up another hot wire. But i think they always try to go under than over. My dog dont like it he dont even get close to the fence. Well he does at the gate he knows its safe.

WDH

A Prunus and a Malus ;D.  You have a beautiful place there, Marcel!!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

SwampDonkey

Quote from: isawlogs on May 25, 2008, 09:53:52 PM

How in the dickens cna you fence um in if they go stand on a six inch post six feet up .  :o ??? :-\

That must be their weather vane stance.  Either that or "I wanna be a steak". :D :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!