iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Nuts319 very bad Logging Accident

Started by red, January 07, 2024, 08:52:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

red

Nuts319 is a YouTube channel and he was very seriously injured the other day . . he was airlifted to a hospital in Ohio
He has many broken ribs ,  a broken back and a kidney was removed
This will be a very long recovery
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

beenthere

Prayers for Pete (nuts319). Has a great channel. Apparently caught by a second tree that was connected to a vine and pulled down on him by the tree he was felling.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

thecfarm

I don't know him, but I hope the healing will go good for him.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

doc henderson

sorry to hear.  good lesson for us all.  be safe.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

red

There is a Go Fund Me for him . . at 8am this morning it was at $17k now 3 hours later it is at $28k

red

Pete's girlfriend just did a Live Update on the Nuts319 YouTube channel . . she did very well . . Pete is still in the ICU but improving he is alert and talking

She did stress to everyone to have an ICE Contact on your cellphone . . because it took a while before she was contacted on the day of the accident 

Resonator

Saw quite a few of the others in the YouTube community have posted videos about Pete's accident, and how people can help. Good to see so many sending help his way.
Saw Lauryn's update on Pete, she did quite well for not being a public speaker and being in a really tough situation. Encouraging to hear they expect him to get out of the hospital.
Couple important take aways from this, having Emergency contact information set up so family can be notified in case of an accident. Also having others know where your working when you're logging alone. She said there was some delay time from when he got hurt until the 911 responders found him.
Pete is a skilled timber cutter and not a novice, good reminder it can happen to anyone and logging is always dangerous. Anyone who has logged for some time has had near misses or gotten hurt in some way. Be safe.
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

mike_belben

61 grand..  im Pretty impressed by the generosity of the woods community
Praise The Lord

red

I believe Pete was very active with Eastern Loggers Facebook Group and of course YouTube Nuts319

red

Resonator

Saw Pete's livestream, good to see him back!
He thanked all those who sent him care, kindness, and love. Said after working with the Eastern Loggers charity to help others, it was different to be the one who is the recipient of help .
He also said after having the accident, he likely get a machine and do mechanized timber cutting. Easier to replace parts on a machine that gets hit with a tree, than replace parts of him.
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

red

Pete is now at Home and using a wheelchair he had knee surgery but will need another knee surgery .  He is extremely Thankful for all of the Love and Support from everyone who has reached out 

red

Pete just went Live on his YouTube channel Nuts319 he looks and sounds very good . . but he still has a long recovery ahead

Thank You Sponsors!