Just About to Order the HD3238

Started by SWS, September 13, 2023, 03:25:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SWS

Hi Everyone, I've been around Forestry Forum for quite some time reading posts but never made my own until now. I've spent what seems like forever research sawmills and I think I've finally decided the Cooks HD3238 is the best bang for the buck for me. Not going to be sawing to pay all the bills just sawing to build some projects and likely some lumber the odd time for sale. I'm coming from a manual sawmill to a hydraulic sawmill because the old back has just about had enough bending and crouching to adjust log stops and turn/ clamp logs. Anyone out there own one and have some insight for me before I make the phone call? 

Just an FYI, going with this sawmill as opposed to the AC36 due to cost. Since I"m not making my living 100% from sawing wood, it's hard to justify the expense as it is. 

Thanks all

bushhog920

I almost went with the 32 instead of the 36 because of cost myself. Glad I didn't if you plan to cut larger logs that extra clearance is nice. They say 36" max but after 32" you will probably have to do chainsaw work to keep the carriage for hitting the log. So with the 32 I would guess you want to limit max log dia to around 28-30".