iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Auto Trany Mack

Started by timberking, July 19, 2019, 02:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timberking

Our company has been trying out a new Mack this week with automatic transmission.  Reports are mainly favorable.  750K mile warranty.  One timber company in OK. has ordered 10.

BargeMonkey

We had a Mack Granite with an auto, I believe it was an Alison behind the 427 engine, it was ok empty but it some of the holes around here loaded it was a dog. Depends on the ground, flat and some hills they work great. I would want to see a 750k mile warranty, 😂 most trucks here never see 750k in their whole lives. 

Pine Ridge

Most of the dumptrucks we run at the road department have the allison transmissions in them. In the 13 years i've worked there we've not had one problem with them. They are a good transmission.
Husqvarna 550xp , 2- 372xp and a 288xp, Chevy 4x4 winch truck

barbender

If you've got enough horsepower, the Allison is real nice and durable in my experience.
Too many irons in the fire

timberking

My understanding was it was a Mack transmission.

Maine logger88

Are they automatic like with a torque converter or a auto shift manual transmission?
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

snowstorm

if its a mack trans i would assume its the mack version of the volvo i shift. automated manual. since volvo has owned mack for several years

clww

From what I have gathered over the past few years driving the big trucks, I'd agree that it should be a Volvo I-Shift installed in the Mack.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Thank You Sponsors!