iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

my wife is nuts

Started by muellerlogging, February 07, 2011, 07:19:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ely

i always get that stuff mixed up. i have a buddy here thats been married 8 times , we make alot of jokes about him. he is 80 or 81 now.

Magicman

I would think that it would also be beneficial to him to be forgetful.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SPIKER

Sounds like some of us should stick to what George Carlin said " why get married just find a woman you HATE and give her half your stuff and save your self some time :D"   I can say I dont hate my ex wife though I dont think I would be where I am now if I had kept her for sure.   But I can say that if I hadnt married her I would be worse or better off...   She could not cook either, I did most of the cooking after about 2 or 3 weeks of starving to death (couldn;t eat her cooking fer sure..) I took over the cooking and left her go bout her ways.   She tried to make some Stir Fry Rice & Shrimp.   Not sure what she was thinking but when you  toss rice into a WAK with some shrimp and a little soy sauce & turn on a fire under it you might be surprised how popping rice and toss a shrimp out onto the floor.   I still have to laugh how I tried to eat some of that stuff hard dried rice with burnt shrimp all gooey in dried up soy sauce...   :-X   steve_smiley smiley_airfreshener   Heck even my 15 yr long GF has made some real sticnker in the kitchen.   (not that I'm perfect in there) but my sister was a GREAT cook (wish I got her cookbook when she passed) that thing was priceless.!   My idiot brother-n-law gave it & most all of her stuff to HIS family...  >:(

Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

nhlogga

Been with my g/f for 5 years and don't knoif I could survive w/out her. She does it all. Cooking(everyone says she is an awesome cook and all my friends are jealous), Cleans (I haven't so much as washed a plate in about 4 yyears), works and pays half the bills, Does 99% of the snow shoveling( even the roof!) Mows the lawn( I did it once in the last 4 years). She can run skidder a little bit. Changes her own oil sometimes. Hand her a grease gun and she knows what to do w/ it (just gotta point out where the fittings are). She's definately a keeper. She told me the other day she thinks valentines day is a crock and not to get her anything. Still don't see the need to get married to her though. After all marriage is just a ring, ceremony, and a piece of paper. I do what I want, when I want and buy what I want and rarely hear any complaining ( I got two ears, one for bs to go in and one for it to go out and have told her this). One rule is we don't argue. We both grew up listening to it and won't have it in our house. We are adults and if we can't have a discussion w/out yelling and screaming we don't discuss it and she chooses her battles wisely.
Jonsered 2260
Husky 562xp

nhlogga

Women are like laxatives, they irritate the crap outta ya.

There was a guy who figured out why women act the way they do. Shucks he died laughing before he could tell anyone.
Jonsered 2260
Husky 562xp

Texas Ranger

i always heard that married men live longer than singles, we don't, it just seems longer.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

BOBWOOD

Don't even get me started on this one!....Sounds like you've been the victim of the classic "bait and change" maneuver...This same thing happened to me in an extreme way...The combination of thyroid disfunction, menopause and plain old well whatever you want to call whatever it is they do...It is fortunate I've managed to survive this long....

WH_Conley

BOBWOOD, I feel your pain. I have been there on all of the above accounts.
Bill

LeeB

For a while mine actually had me believing i was the one gone nuts till the kids told me it really was her. I thought I was just loosing it and forgetting things, but the kids set me straight and let me know she never told me any of the stuff I was getting lambasted for.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

BrothersMule

I may be one of the younger ones here but i have come to the conclusion that all women are crazy in there own right. We just have to be smart enough to find what kind of crazy we can live with.

And for those that think getting married doesn't change anything. WRONG. After being together 5 years, we got married 4 months ago. Before the wedding i could do no wrong. The day after i didn't know how to buy dog food. Go figure.

I did get lucky though as crazy as she can be sometimes, i still love her. She cleans, is learning how to cook, hunts, fishes, likes football and though she may not know how gets excited when i try to teach her to drive the tractor. Hell she will even butcher her own deer and fish. Did i mention she is hot too.

lumberjack48

[ Where do you live ]   8)
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

Raider Bill

She got a Sister? I'll Probably have a opening in a few weeks/months.....
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

BrothersMule

I'm in NC.

She does have a sister but she is married and the complete opposite. Still a good country girl though. If something changes ill be sure to let you know. ;)

dnalley

Quote from: pigman on February 08, 2011, 10:26:59 PM
In my house I rule the roost. 8)

Hey pigman, you know what "they" say about a man who says he's the boss in his house.......Better watch him 'cause he'll probably lie about other things too!! ;D

pigman

You caught me there dnalley.  ;) And I am tall, dark and handsom. ;D
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

two quotes pretty well sum it all up
when  you're young: Variety is  the spice of life
as you grow older: Happy wife, Happy life

i have lived by this credo, so far and hope to enjoy it for years to come

Ken

I like to credit some of the downfalls of the female race to the "estrogen factor".  That is one strange drug.  We also have to remember that due to the nature of our work we are not the best conversationalists.  Spending long hours working by ourselves cruising timber or working with ear muffs on limits our ability to carry on intelligent talks when we get home.  

And always remember, don't ever forget,

IF MOMMA AINT HAPPY AINT NOBODY HAPPY
Lots of toys for working in the bush

Meadows Miller

Thats only a little issue i do not reckon any of us would be too worried about it  Ken  ;) :D ;D And Welcome To The Forum Mate  ;) ;D ;D 8) 8)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

NB sawdust

Can't complain about mine ! She's not afraid of equipment. Neither one of can bake anything but we manage to put supper on the table! (sometimes it comes from take out though).

Tom_Averwater

My brother goes to work to hide from his wife. It doesn't matter if he makes money or not at work .
He who dies with the most toys wins .

Jeff

I've removed a couple of posts made here. Any more made like them and I'll sic Tammy on you. :-[
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Burlkraft

Quote from: Jeff on February 13, 2011, 08:06:44 AM
I've removed a couple of posts made here. Any more made like them and I'll sic Tammy on you. :-[

When I saw you had posted here I thought ...Oh no....he's gone mad!

She will kill him........

Wheeew  smiley_smug01
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Jeff

We just seem to have a few members that have not learned where the lines of good taste and conduct are on a family site. Its not just been on this thread, there are others as well. I'm real close to doing some pruning because I hate spending my time playing content cop versus enjoying the forum like everyone else.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

nas

Thanks Jeff
I read those posts this morning, and thought they were a little across the line, or maybe a lot across the line

Nick
Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

red oaks lumber

at my house everything is 50- 50 and when you add it up it totals 100% happiness.
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Thank You Sponsors!