iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timberking 2000 clutch

Started by Buswork, June 10, 2024, 08:18:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buswork

Timberking 2000, clutch stop engaging, switch checks out ok, connections at clutch seem to be good, after a little while it will start working again. Anybody have this happen? 

doc henderson

must be older as a 2000.  I would call and talk with Matt or a tech @TK.  I am sure they have seen it before.  not me!  ffsmiley
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

TimGA

I would check air gap on clutch brake, set at around .035. tighten 3  9/16 locknuts. Easiest to take top cover off to gain access, main thing is get even adjustment at all three positions. you know you have it when you switch clutch on and off and it clicks in every time. 20 min job. Let us know if that worked. 
TK2000, Kubota L3130GST, grapple, pallet forks, 2640 Massey w/loader (The Beast) Husky saws Logrites One man operation some portable most stationary.

rusticretreater

Sounds like the clutch winding is going bad or there is power loss to the winding.  Using an ohmmeter, take a continuity and a resistance reading while the clutch is cold and then a reading after it starts acting up.  You might find an open circuit, a weak circuit(not enough juice to make the electromagnet work) or high resistance(again not enough juice).

Also take readings of the power wires to the clutch windings.  There could be an issue there as well.
Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

TimGA

Just a note , the cover I am referring to is red cover to get to clutch, only tighten nuts 1/4 turn at a time. I would try this 1st, also try to be at idle when engaging and disengaging. Hope this helps.
TK2000, Kubota L3130GST, grapple, pallet forks, 2640 Massey w/loader (The Beast) Husky saws Logrites One man operation some portable most stationary.

Buswork

Called Timberking and Mike advised me to check the air gap on the clutch, but not had a chance to do it. Try to get to it tomorrow when I get home from work. Thanks for your answers.

TimGA

Just wondering how you made out with clutch ?

Thank You Sponsors!