iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Requested Project From A Special Person

Started by Andy White, February 09, 2014, 09:20:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy White

Talked to my cousin Thursday, and he asked me for a small shelf for his bathroom. He said he was in no hurry. This man has had a lot of eye problems , and can't see well. He wanted me to have his woodworking tools, so three years ago,  I bought the whole shop full of Delta equipment for less than the cost of one tool. Yesterday, I gathered up a few scraps of Red Oak and built his shelf. It was good not to get into a hurry or into a multi-day project. Enjoyed the sawdust and the aroma of a working shop while doing this. This is the results of a very enjoyable day.

The shelf will be mounted using a French Cleat.

Assembly uses M& T joints and Drawer Lock joints

Finish is Tung Oil.

Hopeful to install it for him Wednesday. Making sawdust of any kind is Great Fun!!!     Andy
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

Bill Gaiche

Nice Andy. I am sure he will like it a lot. bg

yukon cornelius

that's a nice shelf! i like the joints. it really makes it a step above just boards pushed together and nailed like i can build.
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

SwampDonkey

Looks good. Though, it would take me a week to get that far.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Buck

Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

That is a very nice shelf Andy, and of course the reason is right.   smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

lowpolyjoe

I really like that a lot.  Great shelf. 

I tried to use a French Cleat like that on my recent shelf project and after glue-up I realized I had the bevel facing the wrong direction  :D... :'(

dablack

Building my own house in East TX

CHARLIE

That's a fine looking oak shelf and really showcases your expertise as a woodworker. Nice job!
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Farmerjw

Very nice shelf for a very nice reason.  Good job.
Premier Bovine Scatologist

Freedom6178

Nice work. That would have taken me forever to finish..
------Freedom6178------

Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable.
George S. Patton

'12 Mustang, '03 F-250 SD 4x4, Stihl Farm Boss 18"bar, '09 Arctic Cat 550 TRV EFI

Thank You Sponsors!