iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Re: Detroit Area SFI Advertising

Started by jeff, February 07, 2001, 01:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

As the webmaster for SFI and MFRA, I was disapointed by the commercial I saw a few weeks ago. The commercial itself was beautiful, great message, and great images. In fact, It caught my attention so I watched it wondering who made it. At the end I saw it was a MFRA spot. The disappointment?

THERE WAS NO WEB ADDRESS EEEAHHHH! MFRA.ORG!!

the webmaster...
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

Forester Frank

How many of you remember Bill Kennedy at the Movies?
Forester Frank

Jeff

I do! He even appeared in some old B flicks. Wow Frank, your older then dirt.

Hey, the original post to start this thread is gone. I don't think I did it.

BCCrouch

I not only remember Bill Kennedy at the movies keeping me company when I had the chicken pox in 3rd grade, there was also The Ghoul and Michigan Outdoors on regular, commercial television.  No cable, no dish, just rabbit ears and the circular antennae for UHF.  My, how things have changed!  ;D
On the plains of hesitation lay the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of their victory sat down to rest, and resting, died.

BCCrouch

Getting back on topic, I second the notion that a web address should always be included with MFRA ads.  A 30 second spot can only convey a limited amount of information, so the www follow-up is mandatory.
On the plains of hesitation lay the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of their victory sat down to rest, and resting, died.

Jeff

I did get permission from MFRA to put the web address on the L.P. auto tour signs this spring. There are 10 signs up us-27 and I-75. I will have to take a trip when the snow draws back a little to take some measurements and get some design ideas.

10 "billboards" on the main corridor north linking to mfra which in turn links to this forum should bring some company!

AtLast

BCCrouch...YES!!!..ME TOO.....mom would turn on Bill and dish up the chicken noodle soup.....wow...thanks for bringing back the memories

Thank You Sponsors!