iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Arborist points and discount??

Started by Firewoodjoe, July 29, 2019, 03:43:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firewoodjoe

A saw shop said they would sell a 395xp for $1060 with bar and chain plus tax of course and said if you get arborist points he'd take another 20% off. What is he talking about. Never heard of it and is $1060 cheap. Seems stupid cheap to me.

lxskllr

Looks like you have to buy a bunch of them...

New! Arborist Fleet Program

Maybe you could get one for each day of the week  :^D

Firewoodjoe

$1060 was normal price he'd sell me. And I had to buy two if I was a arborist I guess to get the 20% off. I'm a logger not an arborist so I guess I'm out there.

lxskllr

Logger's probably qualify too. You just prune a little deeper  :^P

Seriously though, if the threshold's two saws, and you could use two saws, why not? They just want to sell gear, and hope it'll be a continuing relationship. I doubt they care about technicalities.

Firewoodjoe

I see it's just a fleet program has nothing to do with arborist. I'll have to check into it.

Firewoodjoe

Up date. The fleet program isn't great for me. 1 point for a 395xp but 2 points for a computer saw. 572 and so on.  They can keep the computer and there points. You also gain points for other gear. But I order supplies cheaper than the 20% off at the dealer. Hard to buy local when it's just jacked up prices. To bad.

BargeMonkey

If you want to PM me a # I can send you the price list from the guy in PA, hes roughly 200 cheaper than everyone else on 3+ saws. I want a 572 but I just wont do it, more 372s for me, i had so much trouble with the 562s, I've got 1 left and never again. 

Firewoodjoe

I think the saws are actually a fair price. It was a $1060 for a 395. The saw chains, oils and bars are what's higher than I order. But I will shop around before I buy another saw. I have 2-390s a 371 and 372 in the truck daily. Should be set till I get the itch again!

BargeMonkey

It worked out cheaper to buy oil in the gallon jugs by the pallet than by the drum, doesn't make sense to me. If you ever get the itch call Stahls in PA, no one here can touch his prices. 

Firewoodjoe

I order a lot of bars and chains from them! Great to deal with. And they are on top of the list when I get ready. I was wondering when u said Pa.

BargeMonkey

I make it a point to buy from either JS supply or Comstock for most saw supplies, somewhat local to me. We cant keep a decent saw dealer here, the guy closest to me is ok but I've sent some of those 5 series saws down for service, by the time I send them back 2x I'm better than 1/2 -3/4 way to a new saw, anymore if a saw needs more than 100 bucks and its 2-3yrs old it goes to the parts pile. 

Thank You Sponsors!