iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Prices on used Mobile Dimension mill

Started by timberbeast, August 25, 2014, 11:05:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timberbeast

What would be a ball-park price be for a Mobile Dimension mill?  It is well-weathered and needs new belts but is otherwise mechanically sound.  It has seen off-and-on use since it was new in 1989.  It has 4-foot endstands, on site, no trailer and set on bunks with 12 feet of track.  I believe it's a 128?
Where the heck is my axe???

redbeard

I've seen them go as low as 5k. One that is fully operational and can mill over 20' go for 10k.  The 128 is where I used to take all my logs too to get milled.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

DanG

HOLY COW!  TIMBERBEAST!!  8) 8)

I've been wondering whatever happened to you for years!  I will never forget all the help you gave me when I first got my MD.  I couldn't hazard a guess as to how much it is worth, but the folks at Mobile do appraisals.  You could also peruse the ads on the Sawmill Exchange to see what folks are asking these days.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

timberbeast

Thanks, fellas....just trying to get an idea....DanG it, DanG,  I been alive, just going through some different aspects of the life experience!  I hope that you are well!!!
Where the heck is my axe???

Magicman

QuoteDa pernicious thrombility desired to frangibly and harmoniously eradicate surreptitious venous fluids from my dextrous laysavical dophner. ::)
DanG, 10 years is a loooooong time.  ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!