iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Good week....just not for sawing

Started by Bigdogpc, June 13, 2004, 03:19:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigdogpc

Spent 3 days on the mill and didn't cut board one.  Swapped some already cut lumber for an old Gravely mower that had an 18 horse Kohler on it (been sitting 3 years).  Cleaned the carb, checked the oil and fired it up.  The motor now resides on a Craftsman lawn tracter that had a blown 16.5 horse Briggs on it.  All the bells and whistles don't work but it cuts like a champ!

The 12 foot capacity of the 1220 has been increased to 20 foot with the addition of 8 foot to the frame.  Looks like it will work very well.  I'm not sure about trailering it with the original package, I think I'll upsize the tires and axle.

Tampa airport is reporting .5 inches of rain for the month, my rain gauge is showing more like 11.  The regular storms have taken out satellite box, 2 computers, router, and dsl modem.  What was on the 'puters is pretty much gone, one of them is functional for the moment.  With the rain my almost desert looking yard has made a comeback and greened up nicely, even one of the Orchids bloomed!

For those who may have tried to contact me, I am now back online.  For those I was supposed to contact, your addresses and info are gone from my machine.

All in all it's been a good week, just not much for sawing.

Fla._Deadheader

Still waitin to hear from the guys about them Piney blocks. Gonna call 'em tomorrow.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

D._Frederick

Bigdog,

I guess I don't understand about your Gravely, the ones I have seen around here have the engine as part of the frame. The axles and transmission are part of the engine.

shopteacher

Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

chisel

QuoteBigdog,

I guess I don't understand about your Gravely, the ones I have seen around here have the engine as part of the frame. The axles and transmission are part of the engine.

Maybe the Gravely is like this one, which is similar to mine (only mine is 20 yrs. old and pretty beat up):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50377&item=4306576151&rd=1

oakiemac

You can beat on a Gravely, but you can't beat one up. They are the toughest machines that God has allowed men to make thus far.
I own my grandpa's old Gravely and I suspect my grand kids will be cutting grass and throwing snow with it as well.
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

Thank You Sponsors!