iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Time for some " Guidance" on next project

Started by Andy White, August 24, 2013, 06:13:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy White

Making some working drawings for the installation of Cooks roller guides on my Woodland Mill. I have looked on the website and the catalogue, but have not found info I need. Does any one know the adjustment range on the vertical adjuster to set down pressure on blade? Will need to know the range before I cut existing guide supports off. Also, the range of tilt from left to right for flange adjustment to back of blade. The tilt adjustment to level the blade to mill bed fore and aft, using the alignment tool should fall in range if I can get the other two measurements figured out. Should I raise the vertical adjuster all the way up, then install it about 1/8" above tensioned blade, to assure I can get the 1/4" downward deflection they call for? This is going to be a learning experience for sure! Thanks for any help        Andy        BTW they are Cooks Retro Fit Guides
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

ladylake

Cant help you much but those guides will be a big improvement on you mill.. I'd guess about 5/8" + up and down from 1/4" above a tensioned blade to 3/8" down .  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

york

Hi,if i was you,i would get the guides,then start your upgrade...

Have them on my mill and they are very good...
Albert

Andy White

York
The guides were on the carport this afternoon, when we came home from the lake. Gotta love UPS. I have already checked all the adjustments for travel, and it looks like this will be a simple setup. Cooks sent several pages of instructions with them. The main one deals with guide alignment to the blade. I will have to get that blade clamp for the straight edge, to set fore and aft level to bed ways,
I will post more as I get into this project.   Ladylake, it looks like the 5/8" and 1/4" dimensions should be just right.  Thanks   Andy
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

Thank You Sponsors!