iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Work injury

Started by lynde37avery, March 25, 2015, 09:09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbender

Man, that really stinks :(  I keep putting off buying a pair of real chainsaw cut resistant boots, this is a good reminder for all of us that steel toes don't protect your feet from cuts. I hope everything goes well tomorrow.
Too many irons in the fire

Ryan D

Good friend of mine did the exact same thing. He's still got all 10 toes and has no problems from it. Real chainsaw boots are a must on my job sites. Steel toes just don't offer enough protection.

David-L

Be positive and it will work out. let me know if I can help for a day or two. Maybe next week. I am mudded out  for a bit. I will pm you. Good luck.
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

timberlinetree

Man that stinks! Glad your going to be ok and it didn't cut an artery. Know of someone who did and didn't make it. It must of hurt and been a little scary. Let me know if you need a hand! Or toe.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

78NHTFY

Good luck with your recovery.  You probably won't even feel the injury in a month or two, but when you get old it will ache a bit when the weather changes.  Ask me how I know :D :D .  All the best, Rob.
If you have time, you win....

treestump

I almost cut off my hand, sawed through a maple, springpole under it it knocked saw out of my hands I put my hands over my face,cut the back of my hand,sawed   thru the bones cut tendons Doc put pins in and wires to hold tendons together, was off for 4 1/2 months I could hardly hold saw, so when I couldn't hold saw I just let tip hit the ground, did a lot of filing Took a couple of years but I got feeling back in fingers but they still get awful cold yet That was 29 years ago.

lynde37avery

Oh my that hand must been rough.
I had a follow up yesterday. My surgery is Wednesday. I'll post pics if yall wanna see. I am on antibiotics till then.
Detroit WHAT?

timberlinetree

Hope your surgery goes well. Those injurys are tuff. I almost lost a finger and was amazed how white my bone was. Don't want to sound like mama but make sure you take all those pills. Wishing you a full and speady recovery.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

lynde37avery

Thanks timberline  and everyone for all the support.
Detroit WHAT?

George Jones

Really sorry to hear you're down.  Yep, I did the same *DanG thing last summer- kickback while dicing up an oak top, hit left instep hard.  leather boots, the Madsens spikes with no chainsaw pro.  cut 1/2 way thru metatarsal, had surgery that night but had to wait for the notch in the bone to heal before i could put weight on the front of the foot, which took about 3 months.  Im back in the woods now, if you need a hand chopping Im pretty close by..
Good Luck!

lynde37avery

George you are close. My surgery is in greenfield weds. I'll let ya know.  I got my uncle on the job now
Detroit WHAT?

loggah

Sorry to hear about your accident,hope surgery turns out well, the last 15 years when i was logging i wore Labonville boots,with kevlar lining,i been stove up a few times but never saw cut !!!
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

CCC4

What the heck are they waiting on?? Dang has the wound been open for over a week now? What are the surgeons even supposed to do at this point?

lynde37avery

Surgery. Tendon repair. It hurts a lot that's for sure
Detroit WHAT?

BargeMonkey

Let us know how you make out, that has to hurt.

luvmexfood

Hope all goes well. Had a coworker who tore either a tendon or ligament in his big toe and required surgery. He was out for weeks but his was a workers comp claim and at first they balked at surgery so it was a couple of weeks or so before they would allow surgery.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

George Jones

Good Luck Weds!

Quote from: loggah on March 29, 2015, 05:01:04 PM
Sorry to hear about your accident,hope surgery turns out well, the last 15 years when i was logging i wore Labonville boots,with kevlar lining,i been stove up a few times but never saw cut !!!

Loggah, the labonville boots look like a real good deal, but i cant find them with spikes online.  Matterhorn makes a kevlar leather boot with spikes, they cost twice as much but I think they may be my next pair.  Still wearing my viking winter boots for now..

lynde37avery

Update! Just got home from surgery. Feels pretty bad. But will get better. Anyone wanna see pics?
Detroit WHAT?

beenthere

NOPE thank you very much
;)

Glad to hear they have you fixed up and ready to heal up.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Maine logger88

So did they say everything will work normal again in time?
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

lynde37avery

Yea it should.  Pin in it for 6 weeks holding it together
DR said I'll be back in the skidder in 2 or 3 weeks and cutting in a month but LIGHT DUTY only.
Detroit WHAT?

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

North River Energy

Good to hear things are back together again.

Take it easy on the activities, even when you start to feel more 'normal'. Feet and toes can take longer to heal, as the mere act of balancing while standing at rest can prolong inflammation etc.

Put a photo or two in your gallery for the morbidly curious.

samandothers

Glad to hear, things sound promising.  Do what the doctor says and don't push.

Maine logger88

Well that is good news 8)
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

Thank You Sponsors!