iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sad Day

Started by Burlkraft, September 28, 2012, 09:44:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burlkraft

In case anybody around here wants to come I'm having an auction on Oct 20th. Selling everything from my mill and tractor to guns and bows and lots of household items. Woodworking stuff like planer, jointer,bandsaw,drill press and shaper.

All this because of my greedy family.

Jill's sad but little does she know that this is the gateway to me getting some different stuff  :D :D :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

sawguy21

Steve, you are a survivor. Hang in there a brighter day will dawn.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

submarinesailor

Dang Steve, sorry to hear all this.

Bruce

Okrafarmer

Ouch, sorry to hear about this. Wish I were nearer by to come to the auction. What town?
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Okrafarmer

Can you get an approximate list of what will be there, at least the big stuff?
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Burlkraft

thecfarm

Yes,that is sad to hear.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Burlkraft

The real sad thing is I checked the lunch wagon out and they don't serve gritzzz    :D :D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Is there no way to get out of selling all your toys? This would leave a bad taste in my mouth.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

ely

i guess i just dont understand... :-X

Ron Wenrich

Quote from: Burlkraft on September 28, 2012, 10:01:36 AM
The real sad thing is I checked the lunch wagon out and they don't serve gritzzz    :D :D

Sounds like a plus to me. 
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

fishpharmer

I think i understand and am sorry to hear about it.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Burlkraft

Quote from: ely on September 28, 2012, 10:38:51 AM
i guess i just dont understand... :-X

Close to broke, had my 35 year job ripped from me by being out voted by the rest of my family who just want the money out of our business

Being over 50 and have had a major heart attack I guess I'm unemployable. I can't even manage a Sears Auto Center, where all the employees look like they came stright from high school.
I do have a 16 hr. a week job wheelin' around folks at a local clinc. 10.58 an hour just ain't gonna cut it.
Sellin' the house and movin' somewhere.

Texas Ranger

Well, this sucks canal water.  Hang in, Steve, they can kill ya, but cannot eat  you.  Walk through that door and see the bright future on the other side.  Make it bright.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

sparky1

that does suck!! Everything always seems to work it self out in the end. Stay positive and hopefully as stated a brigther day is in the near future for you!!
Shaun J

tcsmpsi

It's a cold enough world, without being gone against by your own.

\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

Raider Bill

Family Greed........  smiley_thumbsdown
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

ely

im sorry about that trouble you are having, i had no idea... if there was a disscussion about it i missed it.

i do agree about the sucking part but one thing for certain mr. burlkraft, you are cut from a different cloth than the rest of those donothings... maybe it is time to reconfigure your life and eliminate those folks who are "in the way" of your bright future. if you make it to okla. let me know if i can help you in anyway.

not sure how the economy is there but , do you think the auction is going to produce the funds needed... or would it be possible to get a note from the bank and buy back the equipment you need from the auction.?

Cypressstump

Sorry to hear this news Burlkraft, Family matters can get awful messy sometimes. Sorry you have been caught up in such. As already mentioned as one door closes theres another one yet to be opened.

Stay strong Bud ! Keep that chin up and don't let folks change your outlook on things, people can take a lot from a man, but his willpower,determination and personality they can not touch.
Best wishes ! stump
Stump

Timberking 1220 25hp w/extensions -hard mounted
Case 586E 6k forklift
2001 F350 4X4,Arctic Cat 500 4 wheeler wagon hauler
Makita 6401 34",4800 Echo 20"er, and a professional 18" Poulan PRO , gotta be a 'pro' cuz it says so rite there on tha' saw..

clww

My mom and I had to do an auction after hard times in 1990. Things got better for us, and I trust they will for you, too!
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

red

Hang in there . . it was a FF member who called me today and had me laughing  so I will meet you at the Harley dealer
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Chuck White

Sorry to hear this news Steve!

Investing with family is not always as good as it looks in the beginning!

Hang in there, you'll survive!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Peter Drouin

Ya Burlkraft thats to bad, I wish you the best of luck :)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

WDH

Sorry that it has come to this, Steve.  At least you are looking forward. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

trapper

some times the FF family is better to have than natural family.  Good luck and no matter what you do stay with us.
Marv
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Thank You Sponsors!