iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Proper Sawyer's Breakfast?

Started by terrifictimbersllc, June 07, 2013, 05:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyb525

I like grits, I even had my mind made up that I wouldn't like them when I first tried them, but I found I did like them! And no, I don't have any family below the 49th :)
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

sawguy21

tyb, you are headed down a slippery slope.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

terrifictimbersllc

Quote from: Piston on June 09, 2013, 02:51:32 AM
Quote from: terrifictimbersllc on June 07, 2013, 05:51:08 PM

Here is the suggested proper breakfast.  Clockwise from 3:00, we have grits with butter, cheesy grits with butter,

No self respecting New Englander eats grits.... But then again, you are "down south" compared to the rest of us  :D :D :D
I consider myself to be from Indiana.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

bandmiller2

The problem is if your a yankee and get strung out on grits, is finding them.stoped this morning at a busy well known breakfast spot and asked if they had grits,the lady didn't even know what they were.She said she would try some at Craker barrel, the only place I've found them  up here.Frank C. yea I'll come clean I'll eat grits if no one is watching.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Peter Drouin

Steak and eggs , homefries and coffee  ;D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

oklalogdog

How about two eggs over medium, sausage pattie, two slices of bacon, two homeade buscuits oozing with real butter and home canned Wild Plum & Jalapeno jelly?  That's what I had this A.M. down here in good old tornado wrecked Okleehomee.  By the way the El Reno tornado reported as the widest in history (2 1/4 miles)  sat down just a few miles east of my home.  My Brother-n-law snapped photos of the funnel as it went over us.  We were extremely lucky.  Many others were not.
Amateurs built the Ark - Professionals built the Titanic

TK 2000, TK 1220, Belsaw M14, John Deere 7610 with loader, Ford 9N.

beenthere

Quote from: Peter Drouin on June 09, 2013, 09:35:48 PM

Same here.........  Steak over easy and eggs medium rare.........
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Magicman

Quote from: beenthere on June 09, 2013, 10:06:03 PMSame here.........  Steak over easy and eggs medium rare.........

Say what  ??? smiley_dizzy
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Piston

Quote from: terrifictimbersllc on June 09, 2013, 03:14:10 PM

I consider myself to be from Indiana.

Okay, that makes sense  ;D

Quote from: oklalogdog on June 09, 2013, 10:01:02 PM
By the way the El Reno tornado reported as the widest in history (2 1/4 miles)  sat down just a few miles east of my home.  My Brother-n-law snapped photos of the funnel as it went over us.  We were extremely lucky.  Many others were not.
:o :o  Thank god you and your family is okay, those tornado's scare the sawdust out of me! 

Quote from: Peter Drouin on June 09, 2013, 09:35:48 PM
NOW we're talkin'!
-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

millwright

I've heard stories about grits but didn't know they really existed.

captain_crunch

Grits were what caused pioneers to brave river crossings .Indian attacks. colora ,starvation to come west where they were never heard of :P :P :P :P
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

terrifictimbersllc

Quote from: millwright on June 11, 2013, 07:52:38 PM
I've heard stories about grits but didn't know they really existed.
Here's how anyone can get started.  Maybe unless you live in a dry county  ::)  like some here seem to.

DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

schakey

Hey bandmiller2 Huddle House has them ;D
Think-Dream-Plan-Do

bandmiller2

Sharkey,never heard of huddle house sounds like a place for my hens, must be a local chain.Cappy Crunch were those staunch early pioneers trying to find grits or get away from them. Frank C.

WDH

Frank,

Sorry, you are out of luck  ;D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

bandmiller,looks like a road trip to Huddle Home for us Yankees. Pa is the closet. I'll pick you up on the way by.  :D  That chicken house don't dare to come this far North with their grits. Bad enough with have Cracker Barrel here in Maine. But that's down in the Big City. Them city people don't know any better.
terrifictimbersllc,Chesterville is a dry town,by the way.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Piston

Don't worry Cfarm, I won't let them past the MA border!   :rifle:
-Matt
"What the Lion is to the Cat the Mastiff is to the Dog, the noblest of the family; he stands alone, and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed his temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race."

Delawhere Jack

It aint breakfast without a couple thick pieces of scrapple, grilled nice and crisp on the outside.... with ketchup.  digin1

bill m

A nice stack of pancakes with wild blueberries, real maple syrup ( heated up of course ) 2 slices of bacon and a sausage patty, coffee and orange juice.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

JohnM

Quote from: Delawhere Jack on June 12, 2013, 05:52:57 PM
It aint breakfast without a couple thick pieces of scrapple, grilled nice and crisp on the outside.... with ketchup.  digin1
Scrapple; meats answer to grits. steve_smiley

;) ;D :D
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

redprospector

What? No one drinks butter milk at breakfast anymore?
The grit's look pretty good. By the way, to all the northerners who don't think they like grit's. Eatin' grit's is kinda like driving a mack. It's really not that bad, especially if nobody sees you.  :D
The possum thing I'm not sure about, but armadillo's not bad. I've never had it for breakfast though.

The only thing I saw missing on the plate in first post was a great big blob of peanut butter. Can't have too much protein.

Andy
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

Dave Shepard

Quote from: redprospector on June 12, 2013, 08:24:37 PM
What? No one drinks butter milk at breakfast anymore?
The grit's look pretty good. By the way, to all the northerners who don't think they like grit's. Eatin' grit's is kinda like driving a mack. It's really not that bad, especially if nobody sees you.  :D
The possum thing I'm not sure about, but armadillo's not bad. I've never had it for breakfast though.

The only thing I saw missing on the plate in first post was a great big blob of peanut butter. Can't have too much protein.

Andy

:D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

schakey

Well shoot the first truck I drove was a Mack. You can keep your scrapple( I think it's a mixture of possum and armadillo  spidey-smiley )
Think-Dream-Plan-Do

bandmiller2

I must say grits are a better breakfast than count chockula or fruit loops.Pa. scrapnel is tasty but the lard doesn't even pass go just piles up in your arteries.We all eats what we was brung up eaten. Frank C.

thecfarm

Quote from: Delawhere Jack on June 12, 2013, 05:52:57 PM

Scrapple??????   What is that?? Some sort of meat??
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!