iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New MS261

Started by Magicman, November 21, 2023, 05:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ladylake

Bottomline, whoever told you the decompression valve was causing a lean condition is full of bs.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

doc henderson

a decompression valve sure could rob compression and power/performance, but I think you would hear an air leak sound, or it would not run if it was significant.  But then the cylinder and rings should be ok.  I think a scored cylinder and rings could act the same way and then die.  when you consider the heat and friction, made from aluminum and chromed rings, it is a wonder they even last a year.  may have just been a fatigue failure ect.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

booman

ladylake..........My tech may have missed it on this one but he certainly is not full of bs.
2019 LT15G25WIDE, 2013 LT35HDG25, Stihl MS880 with 59" bar with Alaskan sawmill attachment.  John Deere 5045 tractor with forks, bucket and grapple.  Many chainsaws.

Twowithone

Way to go keep us posted on how it runs. :thumbsup:

ehp

I bought a 261 yesterday from a older man here thats not doing very well health wise , paid to much for it but hope it helps him out as he starting a tough road a head of him . I like the 261 better than the rest of the 50 cc saws out there , I like the 346 abit better but to find a cherry 346 is getting harder to do but I have very nice very low hour 346  sitting here anyways . 

Thank You Sponsors!