iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

wobbley tv

Started by iain, November 03, 2005, 04:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iain

For those of you with older television sets 

does the screen go wobbly when you look at it whilst you use an electric tooth brush

i've carried out extensive experimentation with our new television, but no wobble,

where as with the old one it was do, do, do, do twilight zoney

just wondering really

iain

CHARLIE

Well, several years ago I was visiting my big brother Tom....well......he's not only my big brother but my only brother.  :)  Anyway, we were out behind his house cooking 1/2 a cow on the grill, drinking Jack Daniels and catching grasshoppers and seeing how long they'd last when thrown in a fishing hole (about 30 seconds tops).  I did notice that after awhile, everything started to wobble a bit.  Even stuff that wasn't plugged in. 8)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

ohsoloco

I know that the numbers on my digital alarm clock jump around if I bite my teeth together real quick...same for some tv's and computer screens  ???

jon12345

When I was little my electric train made the tv go bzzzzzzz
A.A.S. in Forest Technology.....Ironworker

Dan_Shade

that's more of a "sway", Charlie!

actually, the filters are probably better or different in the new TV.  What about old cars that would make the TV go crazy :)
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Jeff

I found out if you sing into a fan your voice wobbles....
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

CHARLIE

Ever notice that a dog loves to stick his head out the window of a car traveling 60 mph down the highway, but they hate it when you blow into their nose.  I have no idea what this has to do with a wobbly TV, but Jeff holler'n thru a fan made me think of it.  I did have a TV that wobbled once in a while but it was 'cause the table it was sitting on had one leg shorter than the others.  ;D
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Jeff

Charlie, I wonder if they have Weebles in Great Britain?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Joe W

Iain I know exactly what you are talking about.My electric toothvrush does the same thing with my tv.Kinda strange.My tv is only about 8 years old.Joe

ohsoloco

Okay, after reading Iain and Joe's posts, I'd like some clarification.  Does the tv go wobbly if you simply turn the toothbrush on, or do you have to actually be brushing your teeth for this to happen. 

When I was younger the electric mixer used to make the tv kinda fuzzy...like lines running across the screen.

Furby

The vacuum cleaner, now that's one that would make TV screw ball!

wiam

This thread confuses me.  Maybe it is because I brush my teeth in the bathroom. :D

Will

pigman

I don't know any thing about wobbly tv sets, but you' must be some high fluting  people to have electric toothbrushes. I thought I was uptown when I got a toothbrush and didn't have to use a stick to brush my tooth. ::) smiley_hillbilly_tub_base
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Furby

That wouldn't happen to have been the same stick ya kept near the out house now was it ???

pigman

Quote from: Furby on November 03, 2005, 10:19:16 PM
That wouldn't happen to have been the same stick ya kept near the out house now was it ???
Oh Furby, that was just horrible. I might be just an old ex pig farmer hillbilly but I do know what corncobs are for.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

sawguy21

:D :D :D :D :D I think I need some sleep. That is too funny.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Sprucegum

Maybe yer puttin' too much electricity into yer toothbrush

I'd stick with 110 volts and put my teeth outside

Patty

My sewing machine screws up the tv...and the reistate in the light dimmer switch in our bedroom messes up the radio that is in the kitchen.  ::)  Hmmmm...
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Quartlow

Back in my CB radio days my radio used to come across the TV loud and clear,  ::) ::)
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

moosehunter

My mom used to run the vacuume on saturday mornings just to mess up the tv for cartoons. When I got a little older I found many things that would mess up the tv while she was trying to watch something... chainsaw, snowmobile, lawnmower ect. ;D
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Bro. Noble

Our TV is old,  but I gave it a real good test, and brushing my teeth didn't seem to bother it.  It did make my wrist awful tired howsomever. ::)
milking and logging and sawing and milking

iain

It doesn't actually make the tv screen wobble it just seems to affect your eyesight while you're looking at the tv.
It only affects the brushee and not the other people in the room (voyeurs)

It's not my brush anyway, it's Linda's I couldn't find mine (old fashioned manual one, green and white)

ohsoloco

That's what I was thinking, Iain. 

Also, did you ever notice when you see a computer monitor on the television that you can see the screen "flickering"  ???

blueox

I'm impressed that you guys own an electric "toothbrush" and I'm glad to hear that you all brush your teeth.

Iain, I think its funny that you say it was your wifes that you have an old fashioned manual green and white one....isn't that the one that your wife scrubs the tub with? :D ;D :D 8)

Laurel

DOT Highway Approved Log Load Trailers. For your ON Road Multi-Purpose Use

Furby

Quote from: iain on November 04, 2005, 11:00:11 AM
It doesn't actually make the tv screen wobble it just seems to affect your eyesight while you're looking at the tv.
It only affects the brushee and not the other people in the room (voyeurs)
That doesn't mean you have a few screws loose does it ???

Quote from: pigman on November 03, 2005, 10:37:26 PM
Quote from: Furby on November 03, 2005, 10:19:16 PM
Oh Furby, that was just horrible. I might be just an old ex pig farmer hillbilly but I do know what corncobs are for.

Now Bob, I'm glad you know what corncobs are for......... but I was talking about getting the wrong end of the stick, the "knock over stick".
Oh wait, it don't freeze as bad down your way. ::)
You didn't keep a stick by the outhouse for wipping reasons......... did you? :o :-X

Thank You Sponsors!