Sponsors:

Wisconsin Redwood

Started by Burlkraft, April 05, 2007, 08:35:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daren

Quote from: Burlkraft on April 06, 2007, 06:40:56 AM

Ya comin' up... ???  ???  ???

It is alot shorter drive than California to help mill a redwood  :D
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

bitternut

Whats a tailer? ???  ???  ;D Gee, you guys have all the fun out there. If it wasn't so far I would like to have the seat a couple rows back of the tailer. :D

Engineer

Geez you guys make such a fuss out of an old rotten itty-bitty redwood log. 

;)

TexasTimbers

I would love to be there for this. Y'all are gonna yots and yots of fun. Speshlee Burl. The only finger he is gonna lift is the index finger he uses to point the tailers to the trailers. ;D

Hey Steve ya want me to hold off of this load of RBE cookies going into my new vaccum kiln so's I kin dry some turning stock fer ya if ya hit some burl or birdseye ???
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

theorm

You guys sure make a big deal out of a ten year old toothpick. 48" to 60" DBH can be seen just driving to the cafe for breakfast. But the wife thinks I am drooling over breakfast..........
The essence of loyalty is reciprocity.

Burlkraft

Quote from: theorm on April 06, 2007, 12:11:08 PM
You guys sure make a big deal out of a ten year old toothpick. 48" to 60" DBH can be seen just driving to the cafe for breakfast. But the wife thinks I am drooling over breakfast..........

You gotta remember that I been cuttin' 6 X 6 beams outta crooked 12" red oak all last year...This is a big event in Wisconsin.... :D :D :D  I e-mailed a picture of that log to my buddy in Eureka last night and I got this...I chip bigger stuff than that e-mail in return...You Cali & Oregon guys are spoiled..... :D :D :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Engineer

Quote from: Burlkraft on April 06, 2007, 04:02:27 PM
I chip bigger stuff than that.

:D :D :D  Maybe you should turn the whole thing into nice redwood mulch for the garden...

Gary_C

Quote from: Burlkraft on April 05, 2007, 08:35:39 PM

It's 16 feet long and 6 feet across...All I gotta do is get it off that DanG cradle and inta da parking lot and get a few guys and da Peterson and I think we can fill a couple 'a pickup trucks..... :D :D :D

Don't you know someone that could just shoot it off that cradle?   ??? ???
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

solodan

Quote from: theorm on April 06, 2007, 12:11:08 PM

You guys sure make a big deal out of a ten year old toothpick.

Quote from: Burlkraft on April 06, 2007, 04:02:27 PM

You Cali & Oregon guys are spoiled..... :D :D :D

Yeah, I've seen branches that big. :) Yes the Giant Sequoias have branches that big, :o but never that straight. ;D

Daren

Quote from: kevjay on April 06, 2007, 10:57:39 AM

Hey Steve ya want me to hold off of this load of RBE cookies going into my new vaccum kiln so's I kin dry some turning stock fer ya if ya hit some burl or birdseye ???

If Steve doesn't find anything I have a couple things to fill a kiln run, thanks for the picture. That is quite a machine, amazingly simple. I may build one the parts look easy enough to find. I built my own d/h kiln, your vacuum kiln looks even easier.

solodan

Yeah, what's up with that vacuum kiln Kev? ??? I am real curious. Have you tried it out yet?  I tried to serch for a thread about it, but no luck. Maybe it is top secret. ;) :)
Darren what kind of dehumidifier do you use for the home made kiln?

Jeff

Quote from: solodan on April 09, 2007, 12:43:16 AM
Yeah, what's up with that vacuum kiln Kev? ??? I am real curious. Have you tried it out yet?  I tried to serch for a thread about it, but no luck. Maybe it is top secret. ;) :)
Darren what kind of dehumidifier do you use for the home made kiln?

If its the one I found in his gallery, I'm afraid it may have a few bugs yet, maybe even a few dust mites.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

TexasTimbers

I haven't posted a picture of it in my gallery Solodan. Jeff is mistaken. I have been working on one for a while. Didn't want the cat to get too far out of the bag yet.

Jeff

Lets just say, for clarity, If a mistake was made, it wernt me.

TexasTimbers

TexasTimbers

Quote from: solodan on April 09, 2007, 12:43:16 AM
Yeah, what's up with that vacuum kiln Kev? ??? I am real curious. 

Sooooooooooooooo anyway where were we ??? Solodan! As you were asking . . . . I have been collaborating with a few others over the past couple of months and we have been wanting to post pictures of it, but are afraid of the patent ramifications. There has not been a single board foot of degredation. It is not a commercial sized kiln but the principle is such that it is the logical next step.
Will keep you updated as prudence dictates.
B

Jeff

Daren

Quote from: kevjay on April 09, 2007, 01:04:44 AM
Didn't want the cat to get too far out of the bag yet.

I didn't mean to step on any toes by bringing it up, sorry :(. I know this is something you guys have been working hard on. I never thought about the whole patent thing. A few of us know you have one, but the details should be left under your hat until you get the other stuff squared away. We should respect that.

TexasTimbers

Ah shucks no worries Daren. Just for the record fellas this was a pracctical joke a few of us had been brewing for a few days and now it seems sort of pointless to try and bring it to it's conclusion. Here is my "Self-Powered Vaccum Kiln". ;D

Anyone wants to patent it go ahead. It works great and like I said, not one board foot of degradation has occured. ;)

I apologize for the distraction Steve.

solodan

MikeH

Kevjay great vacum kiln have you posted it on the drying page yet? :D :D :D

Stump Jumper

Quote from: Burlkraft on April 05, 2007, 10:29:19 PM
I was lookin' at the big check in one end and I thought of Stump Jumper right away.... ;D ;D ;D

yous guys with them slabbers are puttin us powder guys outta bizness  ;) ;) :D
Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

oakiemac

If you didn't have your swinger, I'd offer the services of my MD. We could strap that baby on and cut some serious lumber.

Looks like you are going to have a real good time up sawing that big guy. If I had the time, I'd head north for this event. :)
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

Burlkraft

Quote from: oakiemac on April 14, 2007, 12:01:16 AM
If you didn't have your swinger, I'd offer the services of my MD. We could strap that baby on and cut some serious lumber.

Looks like you are going to have a real good time up sawing that big guy. If I had the time, I'd head north for this event. :)

Time... ???  ???  ???  How often are ya gonna be able ta help saw a OGRL..(old growth redwood log).... ;D  ;D  ;D

Ya could strap on that Nile and bring it out...I got 4 or 5 loads of udder stuff ya could dry...... :D  :D  :D 
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Trees_rock

hay Burlkraft
i'm in sunny Madison myself and would love you stop by and see a log that size get milled, if you don't mind...
do you have an idea of when you may be sawing?
if you would not mind saying where is the log?  ???
hopefully i can stop by and see
thanks  ;
justin

Thank You Sponsors!