iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wuz dey weally a weenie woast?

Started by DanG, August 11, 2003, 08:35:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanG

I heard all this noise about folks going to Jeff's house for a weenie roast, then trooping off to some shindig about logging and sawing, but I ain't seen the first DanG picture. Whassa matta wit you weenies? ???
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Tom

Mark M

Yeah! - I want my money back >:(

Wait a minute, I didn't send any money ::)

Never mind :-[

Bro. Noble

Well I've got mixed emotions about that get-together they had :-/   I really do hope they had a good time, but I been pouting since last friday cause I wasn't there and I kept thinking about all them guys having such a good time.  

Now I'm beginning to get really pithed cause they won't show us any pictures or even tell us who all was able to attend :(
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Haytrader

Maybe they had some of that funny punch in the bowl and none of them have come around enough to make it home.

:D  :D
Haytrader

Haytrader

Utt oh,
 Jeff WAS home.
Now I done it.
 ::)
Haytrader

OneWithWood

You all need to get around the forum a bit more.  Jeff posted a beaverwood pic Friday afternoon just before the festivities started.  Once people started arriving we were having such a great time talking and storytelling that the cameras all kinda got forgotten - at least mine did.  I do recall Tammy taking some video Friday and Whitepe was snappin some pics for a while Saturday.  We even took a group picture Saturday for those still standing.
JeffB, Whitepe and their families went into hibernation somewhere up in the UP so expect to see the pics when they come to and rejoin civilization. ::)
I can assure you a good time was had by all.  The exhibits and the fire fighting demo at the picnic were very interesting.  The prize givaways at the end kept everyone's attention because everyone wanted the stuffed black bear.  It's a good thing that Weekend Sawyer did not win that bear because three up on the road king would have been a might uncomfortable :D
Here is a partial list of the FFers and their guests that I met.  I apologize if I leave anyone out or butcher any names.
JeffB and family, Chet and Judy, Whitepe and father-in-law,
Kevin, JimS, Weekend Sawyer and the lovely Miss Celeste, Ravioli Kid, Ada, Ron Scott, Phil, and some that came and went while I was feeding my face or taking in the exhibits.
All in all it was a great couple of days.  Hopefully we will be able to arrange some more hoe downs and get folks together to put faces with names  :) :) :D :D :D ;D :o 8) 8) 8)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

whitepe

I don't know about woasting weenies but Becky, Jeremiah and I had chicken from the Brokaw BBQ grill for lunch on Friday.  We couldn't stick around Jeff's until evening cause
Becky and Jeremiah were anxious to get on the road
and up to the UP.  I wish I would have been able to
stick around and see Jeff's drag saw run.  :)

Of course on Saturday,  the father-in-law and I went
to the picnic and had a great time.  I really enjoyed
getting to meet a bunch of forum folks in person.
When I get back to Peoria, I am going to double check
my LT15 for alignment after talking to Kevin about
how he aligns his LT15.  I suspect that my LT15 is
probably slightly out of whack but I was to dumb to
notice.
After we left the picnic,  we stopped at Hartwick Pines
State Park which was about 15 miles north of where
the picnic was held at N. Higgins Lake State Park.
Hartwick Pines has a really nice stand of old growth
forest.  Pine, oak, maple and beech to name a few.
It was really awe inspiring and humbling  to hike the
old growth trail.  They also have a fully re-constructed
timber camp from the late 1800's.  I bought a book
and a video at the park visitor center.  The book is
titled Michigan's Lumbertowns - Lumbermen and Laborers in
Saginaw, Bay City, and Muskegon, 1870-1905. The author
is Jeremy W. Kilar.    The video  is produced by
Al & Dave Eicher and is titled Michigan's Lumbering Days
& Camp Life. "When the Big Trees Fell"  
Both video and book are really interesting.  It would have been awesome to see some 7 to 9 foot diameter white pine logs that came from trees 175 feet tall.   These two resources
reinforce what a responsibility that we all have to manage
our forest resources in a responsible and renewable manner.
Anyway...  gotta go enjoy the day in the U.P.
Later FF'ers.

blue by day, orange by night and green in between

johncinquo

I hear they had a small but fun time at the weenie roast.  We came to the outing on saturday and had a great time.   Met Jeff and had a nice chat and got to see he is the same in person as online. maybe even more jovial.  My girl Kerry had a great time as well, which was a big relief for me as I can get lost at the farm show.   She had never heard of the CCC or what they accomplished and the displays and information they had out was really interesting.  Lunch was burgers and beans but a free lunch is always the best!  I even had a piece of cake to celebrate my birthday!    We hung out a couple hours and then headed back to the wineries in Traverse city after saying meeting everyone and winning a flashlight.
I think Jeff and his family headed to the UP for a needed vacation and weekend sawyer was headed along with them and then up through canada on his cycle.  
To be one, Ask one
Masons and Shriners

whitepe

Hey Noble,
Wait till you see what Jeff and I bought
you at the Old Mill Creek gift shop. ;D

Bro. Noble

I'm no good a waiting------gimme a hint-------some fudge I bet-------maybe a bull grinder :D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

whitepe

dewwood

whitepe,

We are big fans of Hartwick Pines also, we stop every time we get a chance.  Sometimes we will spend the night and sometimes we just stop and take a walk through the trees.  Its good for what ails you.

The wife always gets upset when I say I would like to cut a few of them down and mill them up.  She seems to think I'm missing the point somehow.  

Dewey

Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

Den Socling

I, too, was getting a little concerned about the lack of post, and no herds of pictures to boot! The weather is so weird that I was afraid that you cooked, drowned or was blown to kingdom come. I will be there next time (God willing).

johncinquo

That might be quite a long wait.   That was the 100th anniversary of MI forests and we may just be a tad long in the tooth at the next one.  
Maybe we can get Jeff to host another weenie roast sometime sooner.
To be one, Ask one
Masons and Shriners

Texas Ranger

[size=8] WE WANT PICTURES AS PROOF[/size]
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

RavioliKid

I was there on Saturday! I had a fine time celebrating forestry with some fine folks. I got into town too late to feel good about barging in at the JeffB establishment, but I guess people were still hanging out - I should have gone over. I'll bet there were even some weenies left!

RavioliKid

Jeff

I am back for a day. All the pictures are still in the truck and Tammy took off with it for work for a couple hours. I'll try to get a few posted somewhere before we are off again tomorrow to the Buckley Old engine show.

We are still having a good time! We promised the kids to be home this morning by 10 A.M. so we had to pass on the call we got at 8 this morning from Perry and Becky to join them at Hartwick pines. Thats where they are now. I think Perry is hooked.

We have video and pics to post of old mill creek, the picnic and the weenie roast drag saw video. We got a semi-group photo at the picnic. There were other members there other then what will be shown in the photo cause they were off exploring. I don't think at anytime were we all in the same place at the same time.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

whitepe

Here's Papa Bear in the bear's den at Detour Village
(a.k.a The Mainsail) teaching these two Mama Bears
how to play pool.      ;D

RavioliKid

These pictures are all so cool!

I almost wish that there hadn't been so many things to see at the picnic - I didn't spend enough time hanging around the JeffMobile meeting and greeting.

Now I know what to do next time.

I wore my new tee shirt yesterday. No one asked me when we were going to start seeing dolphins in Michigan. Of course, I don't hang around with the outdoorsiest bunch of people you could find.
 ;)
RavioliKid

Thank You Sponsors!