iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Up the creek

Started by Larry, October 28, 2009, 07:52:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry

We try to get out and maybe take a hike, canoe, or something...but with this rain every day and trying to build a house its been hard at best.  Today was the first day with sunshine for a month? so we made a run for it.

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

WDH

I can see no paddle in the pic, so you must be up the creek without a paddle  ??? ::).

This is surely global raining  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

pasbuild

Great pics  I can see nob hill Arkansas has to be added to the to do list.
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

DanG

That's a pretty spot Larry.  Does that stream run like that all the time, or is it swollen from all that rain?
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Larry

Normal flow would be a small trickle of water over the falls...but for the last two months it has rained most every day...or it seems that way.

The picture is of the Kings River headwaters...it becomes floatable about 10 miles downstream and eventually empties into Table Rock Lake.  The White River, along with War Eagle Creek start on the same mountain.  Than a few miles to the east, on another mountain the Buffalo, Mulberry, Big Piney, and a few other streams start. 

BTW, today started with 2" of more rain. :'(
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

Larry

The river came up 8' in just a few hours last night.

You could easily float over the falls this morning...iffen your Evil Knievel. :D

DanG

Jeepers Larry!  Have you called Kasco to see if they offer a pontoon kit?
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

LeeB

I don't know how much it rained at home, but Lindy just emailed me that she can't get out due to high water in the creek at the end of the driveway.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

fishpharmer

Nice looking spots Larry.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

ARKANSAWYER

ARKANSAWYER

Tom

Oh-h-h-h-h what a swimmin' hole.  8)

WDH

'You could sit on the stone steps with your girl friends and let the water gently cascade.....' oh wait, apparently I drifted off for a moment there  :)
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

rickywashere

man thats a pretty site enjoy it if it goes back to a trickle you too will miss it .. thanks for sharing those pics

Thank You Sponsors!