iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Help with a dig pattern.

Started by Jeff, June 04, 2023, 04:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

You have made a dream come true.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

aigheadish

Incredible change and work Jeff, it's beautiful!
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

Magicman

Beautiful.  Lotsa difference from when PatD and I visited and saw it 13 years ago.  ffsmiley   :thumbsup:
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

Quite a transformation. Glad you were able to do what you wanted with your 'new' backhoe. Worked out well.  :thumbsup: :sunny:
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Old Greenhorn

I had forgotten about all the work you did 'pre-backhoe'. Just looks super. Can't wait until it greens up in a couple more weeks. ffcool Of course, then you'll have to mow  it once in a  while. ffcheesy
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Resonator

The ducks on that pond will be so happy they'll be smiling! :thumbsup:
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

aigheadish

Uh, Tom's comment above seems like it leads to an obvious comment by me... Even the slightest grade, on a mower, when wet, will suck a mower, even with chains on the tires, into a pond. 

I didn't get wet, but my small mower was just itching to go for a swim. Again, even with chains and locking differential she was not coming away without being towed out, and even then she was trying to roll over a bit. 
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

Jeff

Ive been thinking lots of big rocks, which I have a good start on. 

I was nervous bigley with the backhoe down there this early. Should still be ice.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

Quote from: Old Greenhorn on April 10, 2024, 09:50:53 AMI had forgotten about all the work you did 'pre-backhoe'. Just looks super. Can't wait until it greens up in a couple more weeks. ffcool Of course, then you'll have to mow  it once in a  while. ffcheesy
It's greening up amazingly fast.

Jeff

Well, today and tomorrow should give me an answer on my leak repair. We are supposed to get an inch and a half by tomorrow afternoon. The pond level has only dropped a half inch this week. The first time it almost filled, it lost 12" in 2 days.  I'm hoping I get to see the legit overflow working by tomorrow.

Magicman

Hopefully.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Nebraska

Looks really good.  The work you have gotten done on that place up there would give me much more enjoyment than any vehicle I've ever owned.  Just saying I think you made a good trade and it looks great. 

Jeff

This is where I am meant to be. This is what I was meant to do. This is where I am happy.

thecfarm

That's how I feel here in Chesterville.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

Wow wow wow wow wow.  Put my rain gear on and walked down. 1" from full. Full meaning reaching the actual overflow.

Its huge!  I see no evidence of leaking, but there is water everywhere. The pond looks huge!  And Beautiful!  Currently I can not fly my drone as it needs some sort of update that requires a p.c. to accomplish. 

thecfarm

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Jeff

SwampDonkey

You've got plenty of water now.  ffcheesy ffwave
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Old Greenhorn

Ya gotta love it when a plan comes together! ffcool
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

doc henderson

what diameter is the overflow pipe jeff.  looks good.  you can now fine tune any dike areas based on the Roman level (water). :usa:   I like the color of the water.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Jeff

6" overflow,  then 6" above that on the low end of the dike is an emergency spill over area. There is also shallow surge areas.

This photo is today, running slowly in the overflow, full pond.

thecfarm

Them pictures are nice and bright and clean!!!

doc henderson

any surviving fish?  does the boat float?  Looks like cedar does not want to get the hair between his toes wet or dirty!   ffsmiley
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Jeff

Oh yes, the boat floats. It has been the source of many adventures. Certainly no reason there won't be fish, but the plan now that the pond is ready, to do some stocking. I need to build a solar aerator/ diffuser to keep it opening come winter.

This was after the pond was dug last fall.
Cedar has been a dirty mess all week. 

Thank You Sponsors!