iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Started sawing too early

Started by petefrom bearswamp, May 18, 2020, 12:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petefrom bearswamp

Had a pacemaker put in a week ago last thursday.
It is for a condition called a left bundle branch block.
Electrical in nature prevents the left ventricle from receiving the proper electrical pulse.
Doc told me the consequence is that my ticker isnt working at full capacity.
Was told no heavy lifting for a while.
Felt great this morning so went up and sawed 2 Aspen logs, slabs weighed probably 30 to 60 pounds or so.
Big mistake should have listened to my doc.
Kinda sore right now.
Hope I havent  wrecked anything.
If I had half a brain I would be dangerous.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Weekend_Sawyer

Take it easy is easy to say, hard to do.

I hope all is well.

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

doc henderson

while in residency in Albany, an old Dr. Beebe got a pace maker.  He grew flowers and came to the hospital and gave them to his old pt.s even though he was retired.  He was being discharged and we told him not to raise his arms above shoulder ht., or it might pull the wires loose from the heart muscle, until it had time to scar in.  He stood up and did a practice golf swing without the club.  He then asked if his arms went above his shoulders.  He had a T time at 1 pm that day.  He had the oldest shoes but always polished.  He walked with a shuffle as he was in his 80s.  His golf swing was not half bad. :)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

WV Sawmiller

Pete,

Sorry to hear you have been on the puny list. I hope you are back running on all 8 cylinders real soon.

When I saw the title of the post I thought you were saying you started sawing too young and I figured you had to have a kid sitting in a booster seat on the fancy Magic Man's mill seat to do that. :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Magicman

So....what's wrong with having a booster seat?  ::)   I was actually sitting on the seat's back while sawing that 40 incher last week.  ;D

My shoulder has been complaining so I am fairly confident that I have given the stitches a workout.  Folks, old men don't know how to quit doing what we have always done.  I told the shoulder and knee that if they were going with me, they had better hop on, shut up, and hold on tight because it was gonna be a bumpy ride.  :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Don P

All right young-uns obviously I'm gonna have to tell you what Daddy told me. "Son, you're never going to make it to 9 if you keep doing that".

WV Sawmiller

Don,

You should have listened to him :D :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

petefrom bearswamp

Feelin much better today but will only saw when I have a tail man which will be tomorrow sawing some 3x5x 16 wagon bed stringers.
My surgeon also told me no extension above the shoulder, but it is hard as I sleep with my arm  over my head a lot.
In addition to this my foot surgery is now 3-1/2 months  past and the foot still hurts by day's end.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

sawguy21

This aging thing doesn't get any better does it. ::) How come we too soon oold and too late schmart?
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!