iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Of interest to divers .............

Started by TexasTimbers, February 23, 2006, 07:59:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasTimbers

Don't know how many SCUBA divers we might have hanging around but this is somewhat note-worthy. Thialand is on most all divers wish list. One of the best dive spots on the planet and a great place to see pelagics, especially whale sharks.
The "discovery" of a reef is becoming more and more rare obviously.
Here's One
Unfortunately, divers (mostly the occassional) are notorious for not using common sense and being "polite guests" while visiting these magnificent eco systems of unparalelled beauty.
Evreything from "Shark feeding" operations and tourist-level divers who have to touch everything and allow their guages to drag along the coral make my stomach turn. Not to mention throwing a Twinkie wrapper overboard on the way back in.
But I digress ..... ::)
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Don_Papenburg

I used ta dive  . most of my diving was in lakes of the midwest.

there are slobs every where . 
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Patty

We used to dive, too. IT is alot of fun. We only had the opportunity to dive the lakes (puddles) here in the midwest, like Don.  Norm used to take his speargun with us. Once he speared a big old carp and the thing took him for a heck of a ride.   :o  I always wanted to dive in the warm waters,  like the Florida Keys, but I never took the time. I have a feeling now I would be hard pressed to squeeeeeze into my divesuit!  smiley_bouncing
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Furby

Um, just buy a new dive suit Patty! ;)

Norm

I suggested the same with her blue jeans Furby....the bruises are just starting to fade. ;D

Furby

Patty

Furby Furby Furby  ::)  You never tell a woman to just go get a bigger size.  ::)  Geeesh!  "You need to say something like, oh no honey, you would look great in that divesuit you used to wear."

She knows you are lying, and you know you are lying, but it doesn't matter.... She is happy with the thought that she still looks good in your eyes.

Just let me know if you need any more helpful hints.  ;)
Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

TexasTimbers

You will note how I have managed to keep my mouth shut so far. A difficult thing for me sometimes but this one is a no-brainer. ;D

Furby

You forget, I'm several states away from Patty. Now if I was in Norm's shoes............ ;D

beenthere

kevjay
You were taught well by the Italian bride  ;D ??? eh?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

TexasTimbers

Yes she is the only woman who has ever had any ability to make me walk the line. Ahhh but what the power of love can do ...   :)

stumpy

I have always taught my son and nephews that when buying a woman clothes or guessing her age or clothes size, ALWAYS go 10 years younger and 5 sizes smaller than you think!!!
Woodmizer LT30, NHL785 skidsteer, IH 444 tractor

twoodward15

"If the girls don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"
108 ARW   NKAWTG...N      Jersey Thunder

Tom

If you value your life, Don't use your hat when estimating the size of women's undergarments.  :-\

Patty

Tom, I don't even want to know why you were shopping for womens undergarmets.  :o :D
Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

sprucebunny

OR why you would use a hat to guess thier size ???  :-\  :D
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

TexasTimbers

I too was hoping for a follow-up on that interesting comment  ???

I just figured it was something I was 'posed to get - like when you're in a crowd, someone tells a joke, everyone dies laughing but you don't "get it" but you laugh too so you don't look so dumb ;D

Tom

Yep!  It's a joke.  One that is funny if you're 18.

A fellow needed to buy his wife a birthday present.  He was already late and couln't think of anything.  Remembering her saying that she wanted a new bra, he went to the women's dept. of the local department store and began to shop.   Seeing that the man looked perplexed, the sales lady offered help.  "May I help you find something" , she asked?

"Yes, I'm looking for a brassiere for my wife."

"what size does your wife wear", asked the clerk?

"A six and seven eighths", replied the man.

"I don't think we have brassieres with sizes listed like that.  With what device did you measure it?"

"My hat", replied the fellow.

TexasTimbers

Those were "The Good 'Ol Days" when jokes of that nature were considered risque. Sort of gives your age away though :) Tom.

In the dive community there is sort of a joke that seperates newbies from old salts. Those of us who started diving before there was any such thing as a computer that strapped to your wirst and took the computations out of you pre-dive calculations re: bottom time etc. goes like this:

"I started diving when diving was dangerous and sex was safe.." Now of course it's just opposite.  ::)

Fla._Deadheader

All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Murf

I youster dive, but now I have a welll, errr, ummmm, bit of a floatation problem, in PC terms I'm more "bouyant" than I used to be. That and some heart issues means I just stick to snorkelling on the reefs when we're in the Bahamas.

Did that a couple weeks back, got me a nice lobster volunteer for dinner.  ;D
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

Thank You Sponsors!