iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Black Walnut

Started by Weekend_Sawyer, May 06, 2002, 01:17:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patty

Those are some very nice pieces Al & Linda. Alot of time and work have gone into each of them.
Do we do custom pieces? Ha! :D I'm just a rookie....doing projects for our own use.

Someday I hope to make several pieces to sell at a local craft show they have around here at Christmas time. Problem with that is this is a poor area of Iowa, and folks just don't have the money to pay for custom pieces, or if they do, they're just too cheap to pry open their wallet. :-/ I've kicked around the idea of doing the big Des Moines Farmer's Market with a few things, but I really need to get my skills better to try something like that. Someday.... ;)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

shopteacher

Keep at it Patty. Skill comes with experience and perserverence.  Try to learn a little something from each project and pretty soon you'll have a vast knowledge of woodworking. Some of my best students are ladies (girls). I had a young lady go on to complete the carpenters apprenticeship and was one off the journeyman (they still use the masculine term) carpenters on PNC Park ( ballpark for the Pirates) in Pittsburgh. Keep up the good work and I wish you the best in all your endeavors.
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

ElectricAl

A couple years ago we built a Walnut and Cedar TV stand.

The legs and slats are Cedar and the rest is Walnut.

The Cedar has really darkened up over the years. When it was new the Cedar was as red as Arkansawyer's shirt :o

Linda and I custom saw NHLA Grade Lumber, do retail sales, and provide Kiln Services full time.

Thank You Sponsors!