iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Started by OH logger, October 31, 2012, 08:24:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OH logger

hello all. my name is john and i am a logaholic. i have been lurking for some time now but i just got registered. i live in northwest ohio. not exactly logging country but it works for me. i have been logging for about 11 years, the last 7 have been full time on my own. i have 1 guy that helps me full time. nice to meet all of you. john
john

beenthere

Welcome to the Forestry Forum.

Look forward to your input.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Bandmill Bandit

welcome aboard

lot of good folk and good info. enjoy
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

Ohio_Bill

Welcome to the Forum from a fellow Ohio Logger . I am on the other side of the state    " southeast " . 
Bill
USAF Veteran  C141 Loadmaster
LT 40 HDD42-RA   , Allis Chalmers I 500 Forklift , Allis Chalmers 840 Loader , International 4300 , Zetor 6245 Tractor – Loader ,Bob Cat 763 , Riehl Steel Edger

thecfarm

OH logger,welcome to the forum. what have you got for equipment? Check out this thread.
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,13313.0.html
This will keep you busy for a few minutes.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Autocar

Welcome aborad John your make a great addition to this forum  :)
Bill

WmFritz

DanG it thecfarm, I thought I was just about caught up on my reading and you find me another 103 pages to get busy on. :D
Quote from: OH logger on October 31, 2012, 08:24:17 PM
hello all. my name is john and i am a logaholic. i have been lurking for some time now but i just got registered. i live in northwest ohio. not exactly logging country but it works for me. i have been logging for about 11 years, the last 7 have been full time on my own. i have 1 guy that helps me full time. nice to meet all of you. john

Welcome OH logger... the first step of recovery is owning your addiction  :) :)
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Leigh Family Farm

Welcome to the Forum!!
There are no problems; only solutions we haven't found yet.

mad murdock

welcome indeed!  What do you have for equipment for the logging you do now?
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

learner

Welcome to the forum john.
WoodMizer LT40 Super Hydraulic, MF-300 FEL, Nissan Enduro 60 forklift, 2 Monkey Wards Power Kraft Radial arm saws, Rockwell series 22-200 planer, Prentiss 210 loader

clww

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, OH logger. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

OH logger

Thank you all. i have a 2007 john deere 548 g111 log skidder a case w-14 c loader, bobcat 175, husky saws. i am however wondering about the quality of the huskys as of late. ialso just bought a woodmizer lt40 to mess with but i have so much to learn on it. ia m looking forward to it though
john

clww

Sounds like you have plenty of useful machinery there to use around the mill, and get logs for the mill, too. 8)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

mad murdock

Nice equipment pool you have. Which model Huskies giving you grief? I have had several over the years, most
Recent purchase '06 model 372XPW couldn't be happier wih it, been a great saw! I have kind of a mix now though, several Mac's a bigger Stihl, and a couple smaller (newer) cheepo poulans, all decent in their own right for what they were made for.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

OH logger

the 395 xpg's mostly. i sent a brand new one back at the end of the summer because it was only running when it wanted to. at least they replaced it with another new one. the one they replaced it with suddenly died while it was "dying" a nice white oak and would not restart. i took it in and luckily all it was was a piece of carbon in the spark plug. i hope that bad luck is over wit
john

Thank You Sponsors!