iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

logg spliter question

Started by perduek1, February 17, 2016, 12:17:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perduek1

i was spliting some wood the other day and the spliter ran out of gas after i put gas in it the pull rope wont budge so i was just seeing if anyone might know what the problem might be
Kenny

beenthere

Welcome to the Forestry Forum

Couple things.. what engine would it be?

Click your forum name and add your location to your profile, helps answering questions.

Remove the spark plug and see if the engine turns over freely..
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

hacknchop

Welcome to ff, what kind of motor and is there a chance that pump and under pressure also is it homemade splitter or brand name
Often wrong never indoubt

dustyhat

Have you checked the oil ,is it low?

perduek1

Its a 27ton troy built, honda motor,and i did take the spark plug out and it didnt have any oil on it, i forgot to check the oil level before i used it this time but when i couldt pull the pull cord i checked the oil level and it was on the very bottom of the dip stick so i hope i didnt lock the motor up just seeing if anyone had some advice on looking at something else
Kenny

dustyhat

You can check the pullrope and make sure its not tangled up . but the motor could be stuck.

perduek1

yea i know its not the pull rope becuse i took that off and it pulls fine so it might be the motor but thanks for the replys
Kenny

beenthere

Missed the engine make... so deleted question.

Just went through a bout with a B&S engine (Intek 900 9 hp) that had the de-compression feature. Turned out needed a new camshaft due to a tiny spring that came off that was there to keep the de-comp forks in position. Wouldn't turn over without a lot of force, and with force would back fire and rip the rope handle out of your hand.

But seeing as it didn't turn over with the spark plug out, then likely is seized up.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

dustyhat

I would probably take the hyd pump loose first .then check motor again . see witch one is stuck . if its the motor you might get some diesel fuel in there and work the crank back and forth might just come loose then again it could be piston galled up.

perduek1

thanks everyone for the help   i let you know how it turns out
Kenny

BargeMonkey

Add engine oil, than bit of marvel mystery oil down into the cylinder, might help free it up, put it in and leave it sit a day. if it runs expect it to smoke. Might clear up, or might be scored real good. I'm willing to bet you have a GC Honda, and not a GX honda, I would look at it like an expensive lesson to check oil before hand.

timberlinetree

Did it run out of gas for sure, or just stop running? Hope ya get it fixed.BLUECREEPER will do wounders to!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Wudman

Be sure your pump is not under pressure for some reason.  Work the valve back and forth to be sure pressure is relieved.  I don't know the mechanics of a hydraulic pump, but I know my pressure washer will retain pressure that prevents you from pull starting without releasing the pressure.  Good Luck.
"You may tear down statues and burn buildings but you can't kill the spirit of patriots and when they've had enough this madness will end."
Charlie Daniels
July 4, 2020 (2 days before his death)

RCBS

If it's a GX engine, the low oil shutdown should have kept it from seizing due to low oil.  The GC series does not have oil alert however. 

I'm with the others who say check the hydro side to see if there is a problem.
Echo CS-3400, 550xp, Jonsered 2166, L3130 Kubota, '78 JD 300 backhoe, Kubota RTV900, JD2305, lots of sharp stuff and several firearms

Thank You Sponsors!