Previous topic - Next topic

Weekend_Sawyer

Extra virgin olive oil comes from real ugly olives. ;D

I heard Mike Rowe say that on his show.

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Mooseherder

I'm trying the Texas Crutch on the pit right now with some Flap Meat.
Flap Meat is the part of the Steer that used to be sold on the Porterhouse and T-Bone.  It was the tail section they'd fold into the Tenderloin after they sliced the loin.  It runs from the Sirloin to the T-bone sections.  It is a very tender piece I used to use for stew.  Man that makes some good stew.  Markets that sell Whole Loins may have them in your neighborhood or they may even have it in Box Beef cases like we get it.
I've been wanting to cook one like a Brisket for years and finally doing it now.  It has been on since 2pm. And is only 2.5 lbs and I grilled with some Oak, Pecan and charcoal before, then put off the direct heat but now is back on a receding fire with the tin foil crutch in Beer.  I'm thinking this is gonna be good without having the long cook times Brisket takes.

Norm

That's a cut I've never heard of around here Glenn. Sounds really good, how'd it turn out.

Mooseherder

It was very good.  I'll be making that again. :)

Norm

Not really BBQ but still outdoors cooking.

Nice size batch of deer/pork summer sausage. I use my gas grill to do this as it's got a smoker box and I can keep the heat nice and low.

LeeB

Did you use a mix or your own seasoning recipe?
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Norm

This was made from a kit sold by Lem products Lee.

LeeB

LEM has good stuff and their customer service is great. The last summer sausage I made, I used pretty much the same recipee I use for kielbasa and just smoked it till a little drier than a regular sausage.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

isawlogs

Norm in an earlier post you wrote the abreviation " BGE "   :-\   school me  :P  Thanks.
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Mooseherder

It is an abbreviation for Big Green Egg.
They're a very popular top of the line grilling, smoking and outdoor cooking rig.
They maintain they're heat with thick porcelain walls.

isawlogs

Thanks Glenn, I don't do abreviations too well in French .... let alone in English  :D :D :D

I normaly try to google them and most times some kind of answer comes up that is relivant ... This time it did not help any. Having my computer's mother tongue French the BGE I can assure you had nothing to do with anything cooking.  :-\
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

DoubleD

Norm you owe me a keybord i am drooling all over mine  ;D ;D :D :D it looks ver yummi  musteat_1

Extravirgin is a term used to indicate olive oil that is made only "squeezing" olives, without any further method of extraction like the use of solvents or heating the resulting paste of squeezed olives
Wannabe a sawmiller

Thank You Sponsors!