iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The last thing a logger needs.

Started by Jeff, May 16, 2003, 06:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

DanG

That's a WOW headstone. Woodmen of the World used to be, to the woodsman, what Farm Bureau is to the farmer. It is sort of an "Insurance society."  They have a great, family oriented recreation program, and do summer camps all over the South. I was a member once, in a previous life, and my kids grew up going to WOW functions. Good folks!  They used to provide one of those headstones for deceased members.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Sawyerfortyish

Oh come on Jeff remember the boy scouts saying Always be prepared  ::)

Tom

Jeff

Bro. Noble

Just today I was thinking about a fellow I became acquainted with a long time ago.  His family ran the local funeral parlor along with the ambulance service and monument business.  He was showing me how they cut the letters in the headstones and I was fascinated by the wood in the walls of the workroom.  They cut the lettering etc by sandblasting and enough escaped to severly erode the 'summer wood' of the boards lining the walls.  He said they had to replace it often.  I was thinking at the time that it would make really interesting material for someone who crafted stuff out of wood.  If monument businesses still do that,  it would pay a woodworker to replace their old walls with new for that sandblasted wood.

Noble
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Rob

Jeff you definetly got the heading right thats by far the last thing any logger needs..I don't look forward to that at all.

Rob.

Jeff

I'd kinda like to have that sitting on my lawn to grow morning glories on. :)

dail_h

There's one in my wif's family plot in the corner of the yard,her grandfather. Jeff,as an aside if you had ever hoed tobacco,cotton or peanuts the only place you would want morning glories growing would be someone else's place
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

johncinquo

Bet that raises heck on the chains!
To be one, Ask one
Masons and Shriners

Thank You Sponsors!