iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Unusual sighting

Started by DanG, August 16, 2003, 10:32:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanG

Every once in a while, you see something interesting at the most unexpected time and place. One morning this past week I had one of those moments.
I was on the way to work, just about to dismount from I-10. Right there beside the off-ramp, not 10 feet from the pavement, stood a Wood Stork!  I've been tramping about the woods of this area for forty-something years, and I have only ever seen one Stork, before this. I don't know if they are that rare, or just normally elusive, but I know you don't see them much.

Anybody else seen anything strange, lately?
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Jeff

Pretty much the same story as Dang's, so I'll just insert part of it here.
Every once in a while, you see something interesting at the most unexpected time and place. One morning this past week I had one of those moments.
 I don't know if they are that rare, or just normally elusive, but I know you don't see them much.

Anybody else seen anything strange, lately?

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Kevin

Is that one of those crooked legged sawyers from the LP?  :D

There were a couple of them that landed in a state park last weekend.

Kevin

That one may have young'ins near by and is faking a broken leg in order to get you to follow him. :D

Tom

Do you know why a stork stands on one leg?

DanG

:D :D
I thought about that gathering, and started to cover it when I asked the question. I knew that everyone there had had some STRANGE sightings.  Thing is, you guys knew what you were in for, but I was just an innocent passerby. :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Mark M

Tom - I'll bite. Why does a stork stand on one leg?

DanG - does this mean you are expecting?

Tom

'Cause if he picked them both up, he would fall on his bo-hunkus! :D

DanG

Yeah, Mark. I'm expectin' that stork was hitching his way to Gordon's favorite parking lot. :D  It's no wonder these guys have so much trouble arriving when they're supposed to. Tha dummy was standing on the off ramp!

OneWithWood

Dunno about storks but I think Kevin and Whitpe standing like that had something to do with having just a one holer and a simgle porta potty for the masses at the pic i nic  :D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Jeff

Thats all I thought they had at first, but there was a whole 'nuther set next to the driveway where we drove in that everybody forgot about. It was like my own private privey ;D

Bro. Noble

Jeff,

I recognize that thing leaning on your pickup from a book I read------I thought it looked familiar and then the stork dialog jogged my memory.

Seems the stork left that little feller in the wrong nest and he got booted out.  He spent several years trying to find out where he belonged.  I can read lips purty fair and I can tell he is asking your pickup,  " are you my mudder?" ;)
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Jeff

Must be, cause the Forestry Forum truck took him in for a day or two and they got along real well.

AtLast

Now see!!!....once again I missed all the good stuff....Was on my way to the picnic Friday evening and my cell phone rings...its my father telling me my son was just in an accident and I need to get home....as I asked if he was ok we loose the cell....so I drive like a madman to the hospitol...well...he was ok....broke his ankle...totaled his car...but he is fine....so fellow FF fellers....Im sorry I missed the festivities....and now even more so cuz I cudda spotted the "one- legged- bearded- redfender phesent"...HURMPH!!!!...foiled again

IMERC

After I tossed the mirrors in the house the strange and unusual sightings have become nill...
Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

Thank You Sponsors!